Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday October 12, 2010 - 10:54:03 GMT
Share This Story
Forexpros - www.forexpros.com
ForexPros Daily News October 12, 2010
ForexPros Daily News October 12, 2010
Forex - USD/JPY resumes
slide as Japan poised for intervention
Forex Pros â€“ The U.S. dollar was down against the
yen on Tuesday, re-approaching Fridayâ€™s 15-year low, as Japanese
authorities indicated that they were poised to take â€śboldâ€ť action if the
yen continued to strengthen.
USD/JPY hit 81.81 during European morning trade, a fresh daily low; the
pair subsequently consolidated at 81.95, shedding 0.13%.
The pair was likely to find support at 81.38, Fridayâ€™s low and a 15-year
low and resistance at 83.02, the high of October 7.
Earlier in the day, Japanese Finance Minister Yoshihiko Noda said his
government â€świll watch currencies with great interest and will take bold
action, which includes intervention, if needed.â€ť
The message was reiterated by Economy Minister Banri Kaieda who said
that an abrupt strengthening of the yen could hurt the nationâ€™s recovery
and that there was no change in the governmentâ€™s stance to take
decisive measures when necessary.
The yen was also up against the euro, with EUR/JPY falling 0.64% to hit
Also Tuesday, official data showed that Japanese consumer confidence
fell unexpectedly in September, down for the third consecutive month.
Forex - GBP/USD edges lower ahead of key U.K. inflation data
Forex Pros â€“ The pound edged lower against the U.S. dollar on Tuesday,
falling to hit a 2-day low, ahead of the release of a key report on U.K.
GBP/USD hit 1.5859 during early European trade, the pairâ€™s lowest since
October 8; the pair subsequently consolidated at 1.5874, shedding 0.07%.
Cable was likely to find support at 1.5751, the low of October 5 and
resistance at 1.5964, the high of October 8.
Late Monday, industry data from the British Retail Consortium said that
retail sales rose at an annualized rate of 0.5% in September, after
rising by 1.0% in August.
Also Monday, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said that
house prices in the U.K. fell more-than-expected in September as
oversupply in the British property market continued to act as a drag on
Meanwhile, the pound was up against the euro, with EUR/GBP shedding
0.32% to hit 0.8710.
Later in the day, the U.K. was to publish official data on consumer
price inflation. This is considered the U.K.'s most important inflation
data because it's used as the central bank's inflation target.
Daily Forex News Provided
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 18 October 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Wed 18 Oct /ul>
12:30 US- Housing Starts & Permits
14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 19 Oct
01:30 AU- Employment
08:30 GB- Retail Sales
12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Oct
12:30 CA- Retail Sales & CPI
14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue-- 08:30 GMT GB- CPI top tier confirmation of Inflation.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT DE- ZEW Survey second most important German monthly Survey.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 09:00 GMT EZ- final HICP revision to flash report. Revisions are usually minor.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Tue-- 13:15 GMT US- Industrial Production. Top output indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 12:30 GMT US- Housing Starts and Permits revision to flash report. Useful housing leading indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed-- 14:30 GMT US- EIA Crude. Top WTI inventory measure.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 01:30 GMT AU- Employment. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 02:00 GMT CN- GDP. Top economic indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Thu-- 08:30 GMT GB- Retail Sales. Top consumption indicator.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Thu-- 12:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless. Employment Indicator.
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..