***Economic Data*** - (US) ICSC/GS weekly chain store sales w/e Oct 30th: +0.1% w/w; +2.0% y/y - (IR) Ireland Oct Consumer Confidence: 48.1 v 52.4 prior - (SI) Singapore Oct Purchasing Managers Index: 50.7 v 49.3e; Electronics Sector Index: v 48.2e v 48.5 prior - (US) Redbook Retail Sales w/e Oct 30th: 2.6% y/y; MTD: 0.2% v Sept
***Fixed Income*** - (AS) Austria Debt Agency (AFFA) to sell up to â‚¬1.1B in July 3.5% 2015 and July 3.9% 2020 RAGB bonds on Tuesday, Nov 9th - (BE) Belgium Debt Agency sold approx â‚¬2.9B in 3-month and 6-month Bills vs. â‚¬2.8B indicated - (HU) Hungary sold HUF40B in 3-Month Bills; Avg Yield 5.24% v 5.25% prior - (UK) DMO sold Â£4.0B in New 2% 2016 Gilts; avg yield 1.958%; Bid-to-cover: 2.0x - (FI) Finland sold total â‚¬1.5 in 3.375% 2020 and 4% 2025 Bonds vs. â‚¬1.5B indicated - (FR) France Debt Agency (ATF) sold total â‚¬ vs â‚¬8.0B Targeted in 13-week, 20-week, 24-week and 50-week Bills - Sold â‚¬ in 13-week Bills, avg yield % v 0.365% prior; Bid-to-cover: x v 2.93x prior
- Equities are well bid this morning as investors plunge into risky assets ahead of the FOMC meeting and the midterm elections. The Dow and S&P are trading just below the late Oct multi-month highs. The dollar is at the weaker end of its recent ranges this morning, with EUR/USD once again testing above the 1.40 level. Crude is not far from two-week highs, with the front-month contract just shy of $84. US Treasury prices are firmer with the benchmark 10-year yield is holding just above 2.6%.
- Shares of MasterCard are up 3% after the company's profit beat expectations by a wide margin. The firm showed healthy growth in its operational metrics, emphasizing that its international growth was driving the business. Shares of AXP and V are both up on MA's decent results. Mortgage insurer Radian Group reported a quarterly profit after a year of losses, sending shares of RDN up 10%. Note that the company's outperformance was based on a gain from the change in the market value of derivatives. Both MTG and PMI are up on the news.
- Pharma names Pfizer and Teva both gained in the pre-market after modestly exceeding earnings expectations in third quarter results. However, both have traded down sharply right from the opening bell. Note that Pfizer trimmed its full-year revenue guidance, while Teva reiterated its full year view. Third quarter results from drug distributor Amerisource Bergen were slightly above par, and their 2011 outlook was slightly above its prior forecast. Shares of ABC are down nearly 2%.
- Big ag name ADM is getting plowed under after missing earnings expectations by a very wide margin. The firm warned that while profit in its oilseeds and agricultural services business increased, other businesses posted a loss due to certain insurance loss provisions. In addition, the firm's margins fell sharply. Dow Chemical, which just reported quarterly results last week, reaffirmed some long term guidance in a press release out this morning, sending shares of DOW up a few percent.
- Oil and gas names Anadarko and Marathon have reported quarterly results. Including hedging for possible losses connected with the BP oil spill, Anadarko lost money in the quarter, although on an adjusted basis the firm was profitable (but missed expectations). On the conference call, executives said 2011 production would be well above 2010 levels, helping to pull shares of APC out of negative territory. Marathon beat top- and bottom-line expectations. MRO is still down 4%.
- In tech, third quarter results from MEMC Electronic Materials were sub par and the firm suspended its 2010 guidance, related to profit recognition issues. Shares of WFR are down 5%. Oracle is up slightly after announcing that it would acquire e-commerce service provider Art Technology Group for around $1B in cash. Dell is off a few percent after reports made the rounds that the CEO would announce an acquisition later today on the cloud computing front.
- Sterling weakened in early New York trading after dealers commented that the Bundesbank might have been active in buying EUR/GBP. Safe haven flows were also evident in the NY morning after reports of an explosion occurred at the Swiss embassy in Athens and Greek police conducted controlled explosion of parcel at Bulgarian Embassy. The dollar remained within established ranges.
***Looking Ahead*** - 13:00 (IT) Italy Oct New Car Registrations Y/Y: No est v -18.9% prior - 15:00 (IT) Italy Oct Budget Balance: No est v -â‚¬ 12.7B prior; Budget Balance YTD: No est v -â‚¬64.5B prior - 16:30 (US) API Weekly Energy Inventories - 17:00 (US) ABC Consumer Confidence w/e Oct 31st: No est v -47 prior - 20:01 (UK) Oct BRC Shop Price Index - 21:00 (CH) China Oct Non-manufacturing PMI: No est v 61.7 prior
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Mon 19 Mar 2018 Tue 20 Mar 2018 AA 9:30 GB- CPI A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey Wed 21 Mar 2018 AA 03:00 AU- Employment AA 9:30 GB- Employment A 12:30 US- Current Account AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales A 14:30 US- EIA Crude A A18:00 US- Fed Rate Decision A 21:00 NZ- RBNZ Rate Decision Thu 22 Mar 2018 AA All Day flash PMIs AA 9:30 GB- Retail Sales AA 12:00 GB- Bank Of England Decision A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless Fri 23 Mar 2018 AA 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales A 12:30 US- Durable Goods A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.