***Economic Data*** - (MA) Malaysia Sept Trade Balance (MYR): 7.0B V 8.1Be; Exports Y/Y: 6.9% v 10.1%e; Imports Y/Y: 14.6% v 16.3%e - (IR) Ireland Oct Live Register Change M/M: -6.6K v -5.4K prior; Unemployment Rate: 13.6% v 13.7% prior - (US) MBA Mortgage Applications w/e Oct 29th: -5.0% v 3.2% prior - (US) Oct Challenger Job Cuts: 37.9K v 37.2K prior; Y/Y: -31.8% v -44.1% prior - (US) Oct ADP Employment Change: +43K v +20K - (BR) Brazil Oct Trade Balance: $1.8B v $2.0Be - (US) Oct ISM Non-Manufacturing Composite: 54.3 v 53.5e - (US) Sept Factory Orders: 2.1% v 1.6% - (US) Weekly DOE Energy Inventories: Crude: +1.95M v +1Me; Gasoline: -2.7M v -500Ke; Distillate: -3.57M v -1Me; Utilization: 81.8% v 83.9%e
- Investors are hesitant ahead of this afternoon's FOMC rate decision. With a political changing of the guard underway in Washington and QE2 imminent - after two solid months of equity gains and a round of less bad economic data, plus a not-too-shabby earnings season - markets are pausing to digest. Note that this morning's data was relatively strong, with the October ADP employment numbers twice as good as expected and the September figure revised much higher. The service economy-oriented ISM non-manufacturing index was a bit better than expected. September factory orders rose by the most since January of this year. Following the weekly inventory data oil popped over $85 for the first time since June, before trading back below the $84 handle. Gold has fallen sharply along with other metals to $1,332 as traders reposition themselves ahead of the FOMC announcement. Treasury prices are higher and the curve is a bit flatter with the 10-year yield back below 2.55%. The 2-10 year spread is narrowed under 220 basis points as traders place bets that the any QE2 package will likely focus on maturities further out on the curve.
- Shares of insurance giant Aetna spiked as much as 5% at the open this morning, after the firm crushed earnings expectations and raised its 2010 guidance by a very healthy margin. Shares have come off a bit in the early going, but are still up 3%. Health insurance name Wellpoint also beat top- and bottom line targets this morning, and offered an improved outlook for the full year. WLP spiked 3%, but is back around even mid morning. Both insurance firms see 2010 medical cost trends rising around 7-8%. Hartford Financial was right in line with the consensus view and raised its 2010 guidance, and shares of HIG are up nearly 7%. Unum is down 3% after the firm guided 2010 profits to the low end of its prior outlook.
- Profits at media name Time Warner were well above expectations, and the firm's outlook for FY10 was also better than the last time around. Online media name AOL's results were roundly better than the Street's estimates, although the company is still seeing subscribers declining by around 25% a quarter. Note also that an AOL exec warned this morning that the company is seeing domestic ad sales decline in the current quarter. AOL was up as much as 8% after the open, and is presently up 6%. TWXis lagging at -2%.
- CVS met expectations in its third quarter and reported solid +2.5% comps. CVS's guidance for the fourth quarter and the full year was on the soft side, however. Results from rental car company Hertz were right in line with the Street. Casinos Wynn and MGM are headed in opposite directions in early trading on varying Q3 results. Wynn's quarter was in line, although the firm also announced a huge $8/shr special dividend. Wynn said it believes the Vegas market has reached a bottom. MGM's quarterly losses narrowed over the prior quarter. Shares of WYNN (which have nearly doubled this year) fell 2% in early trading, while MGM is up nearly 6%.
- Electronic Arts shocked investors with a substantial quarterly profit, in contrast to expectations for a loss, and had impressive revenue results. Executives cited very good sales of its blockbuster games in the quarter. Investors are not impressed: ERTS is down 5%. Garmin offered disappointing earnings and revenue results, and also reduced its 2010 outlook. Shares of GMRN are down 6%, but off their worst levels. Leap Wireless missed targets and saw its net subscriber losses double over last quarter.
- The dollar rebounded from its worst levels against the European pairs as US economic data came in above forecasts. USD/JPY tested 81.50 as participants sought the path of least resistance, eying potential USD buy-stops above the session highs. The post-election period will look at the task of addressing the fiscal house with a Treasury official noting that the debt ceiling expected to be hit at some point in the H1 of 2011. The Dollar index may also be getting a boost from continued widening in peripheral spreads in Europe. The Irish 10-year traded 500 basis points above bunds ahead of expected key budget announcements in Ireland and Portugal over the next 24 hours.
***Looking Ahead*** - 12:00 (MX) Mexico Oct IMEF Non Manufacturing Index: v 52.3e; Manufacturing Index: v 52.4e v 52.2 prior - 12:15 (SZ) SNB's Jordan speaks in Zurich - 14:15 (US) FOMC Interest Rate Decision: Expected to maintain rates at 0.25% level - 16:30 (CA) Canada expected to announce decision on BHP's bid for Potash [POT] - 17:00 (US) Oct Domestic Vehicle Sales: 8.95Me v 8.82M prior; Total Vehicle Sales: 11.8Me v 11.73M prior
Legal disclaimer and risk disclosure
All information provided by Trade The News (a product of Trade The News, Inc. "referred to as TTN hereafter") is for informational purposes only. Information provided is not meant as investment advice nor is it a recommendation to Buy or Sell securities. Although information is taken from sources deemed reliable, no guarantees or assurances can be made to the accuracy of any information provided. 1. Information can be inaccurate and/or incomplete 2. Information can be mistakenly re-released or be delayed, 3. Information may be incorrect, misread, misinterpreted or misunderstood 4. Human error is a business risk you are willing to assume 5. Technology can crash or be interrupted without notice 6. Trading decisions are the responsibility of traders, not those providing additional information. Trade The News is not liable (financial and/or non-financial) for any losses that may arise from any information provided by TTN. Trading securities involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses can and do occur on a regular basis and are part of the risk of trading and investing.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Forex News Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Mon 10 Sep 2018 AA 08:30 GB- GDP, Trade, Output Tue 11 Sep 2018 AA 08:30 GB- Employment Decision A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey Wed 12 Sep 2018 A 12:30 US- PPI A 14:30 US- EIA Crude A 18:00 US- Beige Book Thu 13 Sep 2018 A 1:30 AU- Employment AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless AA 12:30 US- CPI Fri 14 Sep 2018 A 08:30 GB- GDP AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales A 13:15 US- Industrial Production AA 14:00 US- prelim University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
looking for your first broker or do you need of a new one? There are
more critical things to consider than you might have thought.
We were trading long before there were online brokers. Global-View
has been directly involved with the industry since its infancy. We've
seen everything and are up-to-data with recent regulatory changes.
The Global-View Forex Forum is the hub for currency trading on the web. Founded in 1996, it was the original forex forum and is still the place where forex traders around the globe come 24/7 looking for currency trading ideas, breaking forex news, fx trading rumors, fx flows and more. This is where you can find a full suite of forex trading tools, including a complete fx database, forex chart points, live currency rates, and live fx charts. In addition, there is a forex brokers directory where you can compare forex brokers. There is also a forex brokers hotline where you can ask for help choosing a forex broker that meets your individual fx trading needs. Interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading.
The forex forum is where traders come to discuss the forex market. It is one of the few places where forex traders of all levels of experience, from novice to professionals, interact on the same venue to discuss forex trading. There is also the GVI Forex, which is a private subscription service where professional and experienced currency traders meet in a private forex forum. it is like a virtual forex trading room. This is open to forex traders of all levels of experience to view but only experienced currency tradingprofessionals can post.
Currency trading charts are updated daily using the forex trading ranges posted in the Global-View forex database. You will also find technical indicators on the fx trading charts, e.g. moving averages for currencies such as the EURUSD. This is another forex trading tool provided by Global-View.com.
The forex database can be used to access high, low, close daily forex ranges for key currency pairs, such as the EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCAD, AUD, NZD and major crosses, including EURJPY, EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPJPY, GBPCHF and CHFJPY. Data for these currency trading pairs dating back to January 1, 1999 can be downloaded to an Excel spreadsheet.
Forex chart points are in a currency trading table that includes; latest fx tradinghigh-low-close range, Bollinger Bands, Fibonacci retracement levels, daily forex pivot points support and resistance levels, average daily forex range, MACD for the different currency trading pairs. You can look on the forex forum for updates when one of the fx trading tools is updated.
Global-View also offers a full fx trading chart gallery that includes fx pairs, such as the EURUSD, commodities, stocks and bonds. In a fx trading world where markets are integrated, the chart gallery is a valuable trading tool. Look for updates on the Forex Forum when the chart gallery is updated.
Global-View.com also offers a forex blog, where articles of interest for currency trading are posted throughout the day. The forex blog articles come from outside sources, including forex brokers research as well as from the professionals at Global-View.com. This forex blog includes the Daily Forex View, Market Chatter and technical forex blog updates. In additional to its real time forex forum, there are also Member Forums available for more in depth forex trading discussions.
WARNING: FOREIGN EXCHANGE TRADING AND INVESTMENT IN DERIVATIVES
CAN BE VERY SPECULATIVE AND MAY RESULT IN LOSSES AS WELL AS PROFITS. FOREIGN
EXCHANGE AND DERIVATIVES TRADING IS NOT SUITABLE FOR MANY MEMBERS OF THE
PUBLIC AND ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE APPLIED. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT TAKE
INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL INVESTMENT GOALS, THE FINANCIAL SITUATION OR SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF INDIVIDUAL USERS. YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL
SITUATION AND CONSULT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISORS AS TO THE SUITABILITY TO YOUR
SITUATION PRIOR TO MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTIONS.