Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday January 28, 2013 - 10:30:38 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
CURRENCY WARS: Weak JPY policy persists. Key U.S. employment data due at the end of the week
|CURRENCY WARS: Weak JPY policy persists. Key U.S. employment data due at the end of the week|
28 January 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR: North America: US- Durable Goods, Pending Home Sales, 2-yr.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Durable Goods, Pending Homes Sales.
- CURRENCY WARS: Japan continues to favor a weakening of the JPY as one of several means to encourage economic growth. At the end of last week, it was announced that Japanese December core CPI remained in contraction declining by -0.2% y/y. Chatter the REAL target for PM Abe is a weaker JPY as the 2.0% BOJ target is not realistic. Its our best guess that Tokyo is targeting a USDJPY level of around 100.00. That would work out to a rough devaluation of the JPY vs. the USD of 20-30% from previously prevailing levels.
- Data from Europe remains mixed with stronger than forecast German IFO data on Friday reinforcing a robust ZEW survey earlier in the week. On the other hand, French flash manufacturing PMI were exceptionally weak, while a triple-dip recession in the U.K. is possible.
- U.S. data recently have been mixed but generally stronger. Key employment data are due at the end of the week.
- The markets are currently trying to decipher the likely impact of repayments of special ECB LTRO funding for banks which will start this week. Depending on HOW the funds are repaid, the repayments could result in a tightening of ECB monetary policy.
- The key EURUSD 20-day moving average is 1.3250. the 10-yr bund is 1.65%, +1 bp. European bourses are mixed. U.S. shares are steady. The U.S. 10-yr is 1.94%, +1bp.
- Key Far East bourses were mixed. The 10-yr JGB is 0.75%, +2bp. the USDJPY 20-day average is 88.25. EURJPY 20-day average is 116.82.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com has been a forex trader and a FX analyst for a top N.Y. Fed watching service. Previously he was an FX consultant to major institutions. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.