Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday January 28, 2013 - 21:47:53 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
CURRENCY WARS: Weak JPY policy continues. 2% Inflation target unrealistic. U.S. Pending Homes Sales soft
|CURRENCY WARS: Weak JPY policy continues. 2% Inflation target unrealistic. U.S. Pending Homes Sales soft|
29 January 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR:Far East: No Major data. Europe: No Major data. North America: US- Case-Shiller, CB Confidence Survey, 5-yr, API.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Case Shiller, CB Confidence Survey, 5-yr auction.
- CURRENCY WARS: Japan continues to favor a weakening of the JPY as one of several means to encourage economic growth. Chatter the REAL target for PM Abe is a weaker JPY as the 2.0% BOJ target is not realistic.
- Data from Europe remains mixed with stronger than forecast German IFO data on Friday reinforcing a robust ZEW survey earlier in the week. On the other hand, French flash manufacturing PMI were exceptionally weak, while a triple-dip recession in the U.K. is possible.
- U.S. data recently have been mixed but generally stronger.Monday saw a much weaker than expected Pending Homes Sales Survey. Key employment data are due at the end of the week.
- The markets are currently trying to decipher the likely impact of repayments of special ECB LTRO funding for banks which will start this week. Depending on HOW the funds are repaid, the repayments could result in a tightening of ECB monetary policy.
- The key EURUSD 20-day moving average is 1.3264. the 10-yr bund is 1.69%, +5 bp. European bourses are mixed. U.S. shares are mixed. The U.S. 10-yr is 1.97%, +4bp.
- Key Far East bourses were mixed. The 10-yr JGB is 0.75%, +2bp. the USDJPY 20-day average is 88.77. EURJPY 20-day average is 117.76.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com has been a forex trader and a FX analyst for a top N.Y. Fed watching service. Previously he was an FX consultant to major institutions. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.