Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday January 29, 2013 - 22:08:19 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
CURRENCY WARS: Marking time into the Fed on Wednesday. U.S. ADP and GDP data due. Weak Conference Board report.
|CURRENCY WARS: Marking time into the Fed on Wednesday. U.S. ADP and GDP data due. Weak Conference Board report.|
30 January 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Retail Sales. Europe: CH- KOF Index. EZ- Sentiment Indices, Consumer Confidence. North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, ADP Private Jobs, GDP, Weekly Crude, 7-yr, Fed Decision
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Retail Sales, EZ- Sentiment Indices, Consumer Confidence, US- ADP Private Jobs. GDP, Weekly Crude, 7-yr, Fed Decision.
- CURRENCY WARS: Trading was mostly cautious Tuesday as the markets awaited the Fed policy decision Wednesday and a slew of data reports at the back end of the week.
- The focus of trade was in the EUR, as reportedly Hedge Funds to a run at 1.3500, but were rebuffed by option protection activities.
- During the day, U.S. Conference Board Sentiment Survey for January was disturbingly weak. We have not seen this gloomy sentiment translate into depressed economic activity yet.
- The Fed policy decision on Wednesday will come before the full January employment data is known. Key employment data are due on Friday. ADP private employment and 4Q12 advance GDP data are due on Wednesday.
- Data from Europe remains mixed with stronger than expected German data mixed with weaker data elsewhere.
- On Wednesday, the markets once again will have to figure out the likely impact of repayments of special ECB LTRO funding for banks. Depending on HOW the funds are repaid, the repayments could result in a tightening of ECB monetary policy.
- The key EURUSD 20-day moving average is 1.3277. the 10-yr bund is 1.69%, 0 bp. European bourses are mixed. U.S. shares are mixed. The U.S. 10-yr is 1.96%, -1bp.
- Key Far East bourses were mixed. The 10-yr JGB is 0.77%, +2bp. The USDJPY 20-day average is 88.97. EURJPY 20-day average is 118.16.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com has been a forex trader and a FX analyst for a top N.Y. Fed watching service. Previously he was an FX consultant to major institutions. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 23 Apr 2018
A All Day- Flash PMIs
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Apr 2018
AA 01:30 AU- CPI
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- CB Confidence
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
Wed 25 Apr 2018
AA 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Apr 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 27 Apr 2018
AA 03:00 JP- Bank of Japan
A 08:00 DE- Employment
A 08:30 GB- GDP
A 14:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.