Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday February 7, 2013 - 11:42:17 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
CURRENCY WARS: Waiting for ECB and BOE policy decisions. Hawkish new BOE Governor Carney testimony. No rate changes are expected today.
|CURRENCY WARS: Waiting for ECB and BOE policy decisions. Hawkish new BOE Governor Carney testimony. No rate changes are expected today.|
7 February 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR-. GB- BOE. EZ- ECB. North America: US- Productivity, Weekly Jobless, Natural Gas
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- BOE. EZ- ECB. US- Productivity, Weekly Jobs
- CURRENCY WARS: Markets are focused on the central banks today. New BOE Governor Carney is testifying in London at the moment and taking a more hawking posture than some were expecting. The GBPUSD is higher and 10-yr Gilt yields have risen.
- The monthly BOE and ECB policy decisions are due in a short while.. No rate changes are foreseen. There has been chatter about a possible comment Thursday by ECB President Draghi about the strength about the EUR, but top ECB watchers are expecting President Draghi to reiterate that the ECB does not target the EUR exchange rate. .
- Key January employment data from Australia were mixed with the headline data strong, but the underlying data were mixed. There was nothing to lessen. increasing pressure on the RBA to cut interest rates in the near future. The AUDUSD is steady.
- Markets are looking ahead to possible fireworks at the G20 conference of FinMIns and Central Bankers in Moscow on February 15-16 . Many expect currency value manipulation (JPY) to be a major discussion topic.
- The key EURUSD 20-day moving average is 1.3420. the 10-yr bund is 1.64%, +1bp. European bourses are mixed. U.S. shares are mixed. The U.S. 10-yr is 1.97%, 0bp.
- Key Far East bourses fell. The 10-yr JGB is 0.77%, -1bp. The USDJPY 20-day average is 90.44. EURJPY 20-day average is 121.40.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com has been a forex trader and a FX analyst for a top N.Y. Fed watching service. Previously he was an FX consultant to major institutions. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.