Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday February 7, 2013 - 21:32:29 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
CURRENCY WARS: ECB's Draghi undermines the EUR broadly. Future BOE Governor Carney supports the GBP
|CURRENCY WARS: ECB's Draghi undermines the EUR broadly. Future BOE Governor Carney supports the GBP|
8 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR-. Far East: JP- Trade, CN- CPI, Trade. Europe: CH- Unemployment, Retail Sales. DE- Trade. North America: CA- Employment. US- Trade, Wholesale Inventories, COT Report.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Trade, CN- CPI, Trade, CH- Retail Sales. DE- Trade, CA- Employment. US- Trade, COT
- CURRENCY WARS: As we guessed early on Thursday, the focus of trade was on the central banks today. ECB President Draghi undermined confidence in the EURUSD when an oblique comment was taken by some as an indication that the central bank is not in favor of pushing the EUR higher.
- In the U.K., prospective (July) BOE Governor Carney testified in London before a Parliamentary Committee and took a more hawkish posture than many expected. The EURGBP tumbled today on these developments.
- The EURUSD also fell due to the aforementioned Draghi comments. The EURJPY was down sharply as well.
- Key January employment data from Australia were mixed with the headline data strong, but the underlying figures were mixed. There was nothing to lessen. increasing pressure on the RBA to cut interest rates in the near future. The AUDUSD is ending in the U.S. weak.
- Markets are looking ahead to possible fireworks at the G20 conference of FinMIns and Central Bankers in Moscow on February 15-16 . Many expect Japanese forex manipulation to be a major topic for discussion.
- The key EURUSD 20-day moving average is 1.3427. the 10-yr bund is 1.60%, -3bp. European bourses are mixed. U.S. shares are lower. The U.S. 10-yr is 1.94%, -3bp.
- Key Far East bourses fell. The 10-yr JGB is 0.77%, -1bp. The USDJPY 20-day average is 90.69. EURJPY 20-day average is 121.80.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com has been a forex trader and a FX analyst for a top N.Y. Fed watching service. Previously he was an FX consultant to major institutions. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.