Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday February 10, 2013 - 17:08:51 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Activity may be reduced by Lunar New Year. Light calendar this week. G20 FinMins and Central Bankers meet Friday and Saturday
|Activity may be reduced by Lunar New Year. Light calendar this week. G20 FinMins and Central Bankers meet Friday and Saturday|
11 February 2013 00 :00 gmt
CALENDAR-. Far East: CN/JP- Holiday Europe: No Major Data. North America: No Major Data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- Holiday JP- Holiday
- CURRENCY WARS: The "Currency Wars" continue to rage as. Tokyo continues to favor a weakening of the JPY vs. the USD, We hold to our view that the USDJPY ultimate target is 100. A "mistranslated" comment by FinMin Aso that the JPY has "weakened more than intended' was revised to say "faster than expected". The initial report saw the USDJPY rebound . Sometimes it is a "misstatement" to tell the truth! The forex market focuses on the EURUSD pair almost as much as the USDJPY.
- On Thursday ECB President Draghi indirectly threw the EUR into the "Currency Wars" when he noted that the ECB takes into account the value of the currency when making policy. In other words, a stronger currency lessens the need for a rate tightening. The EUR tumbled vs. the USD and on its key crosses after his statement. By making this comment Draghi has moved Forex back into more of a two-way market.
- This week sees an unusual calendar with Lunar New Year observances closing markets all week in China (Starting Saturday. Several other Asian markets will be closed off and on during the period.
- The G20 Finance Minister and Central Bankers meeting on Friday and Saturday in Moscow. We are expecting Japan to get an earful on its weak yen policy. I
- High-Impact releases this week are: U.K. CPI data on Tuesday, followed on Wednesday by U.S. Retail Sales data on Wednesday.
- The key EURUSD 20-day moving average is 1.3428. the 10-yr bund is 1.61%, +1bp. European bourses were up. U.S. shares ended up. The U.S. 10-yr is 1.94%, 0bp.
- Key Far East bourses mixed. The 10-yr JGB is 0.77%, 0bp. The USDJPY 20-day average is 90.87. EURJPY 20-day average is 122.06.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.