Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday February 12, 2013 - 21:25:33 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Markets misinterpret another official statement, this time from the G7. Far East participation picks up. G20 FinMins starts Friday in Moscow
|Markets misinterpret another official statement, this time from the G7. Far East participation picks up. G20 FinMins starts Friday in Moscow|
13 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR-.US- State of The Union Address (late Tue) Far East: JP- Tertiary Activity Index, CN- Holiday Europe: EZ- Industrial Production. North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, Import Prices, Retail Sales, Business Inventories, Weekly Crude, 10-yr.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Tertiary Activity Index, EZ- Industrial Production, US- Retail Sales, 10-yr
- CURRENCY WARS: Initially, the G7 today reaffirmed its support for market determined exchange rate and said it would not target currency values. Fine, this marked no change in established policies. However, a couple if hours later, an unnamed G7 official said that the markets had "misinterpreted the prepared G7 statement. Its hard for the markets to misinterpret a short statement reinforcing an existing One view is that there might have been some concerns that the G7 statement might have stepped on the toes of the G20. Some warn that if Japanese forex policy is going to be debated at G20.
- There is now a risk that in response that Tokyo could talk up the JPY heading into the meeting to ease the pressure on them. They could then give it another downward shove afterwards..
- We are not expecting anything in the way of market moving news from the State of the Union address Tuesday evening in the U.S.
- With Lunar New Year celebrations winding down, markets picked up on Tuesday. China will be closed all week and HK returns Thursday.
- Today has seen U.K.and Swiss CPI data. U.K. inflation data were hotter than expected, while Switzerland remains mired in deflation.
- Upcoming high-Impact releases include: U.S. Retail Sales Wednesday and a BOJ decision and EZ GDP data on Thursday
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.32. EURJPY 20-day average is 122.73. 10-yr JGB: 0.75%, -2bp. Key Far East bourses mostly up
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3435.10-yr bund is 1.64%, +3 bp. European bourses: higher.
U.S. 10-yr 1.98%, +3bp. U.S. shares mostly higher.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..