Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday February 13, 2013 - 10:26:36 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Markets do not react to State of the Union, as expected. Focus: U.S. Retail Sales and G20 FinMin meeting starting Friday in Moscow
|Markets do not react to State of the Union, as expected. Focus: U.S. Retail Sales and G20 FinMin meeting starting Friday in Moscow|
13 February 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, Import Prices, Retail Sales, Business Inventories, Weekly Crude, 10-yr.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Retail Sales, 10-yr
- CURRENCY WARS: The EUR continues to drift generally higher vs. the USD and on its key crosses as the market continue to set up for the G20 meeting in Moscow at at the end of the week. It is uncertain what the G20 will decide, but there is not much the group can do if Japan is determined to continue pursue a weak JPY policy.
- The official prepared G7 statement released Tuesday was a tepid one and had to be "clarified" when the markets recognized it as such. There is little doubt that Japanese forex policy is going to be debated at the G20.
- As expected, there was not much in the way of market moving news from the State of the Union address late Tuesday, although the President sounded a little more conciliatory on the budget.
- China remains closed all week. HK will return on Thursday.
- U.S. Retail Sales Wednesday are due today and a BOJ decision and EZ GDP data on Thursday
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.32. EURJPY 20-day average is 122.73. 10-yr JGB: 0.75%, 0bp. Key Far East bourses mostly up
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3435.10-yr bund is 1.66%, +2 bp. European bourses: higher.
U.S. 10-yr 1.99%, +1bp. U.S. shares mostly higher.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.