Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday February 13, 2013 - 21:30:38 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Focus: BOJ Decision, EZ GDP. G20 FinMin meeting starting Friday in Moscow. No reaction to State of the Union,
|Focus: BOJ Decision, EZ GDP. G20 FinMin meeting starting Friday in Moscow. No reaction to State of the Union, |
14 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- GDP, BOJ Decision, CN- Holiday, Europe: EZ- GDP. North America: US- Weekly Jobless, Natural Gas, 30-yr
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- GDP, BOJ, EZ- GDP, US- Weekly Jobless, 30-yr
- CURRENCY WARS: Its been another volatile session Wednesday after BOE Governor King indicated that the central bank will continue to ignore its inflation target for at ;east the next two years. The GBP was slammed on the news and Gilt prices tumbled . King also denounced the "clarification" of an unnamed G7 official who indicated yesterday that markets had misinterpreted the G7 statement on forex.
- The EUR continues to drift vs. the USD and its key crosses.The market has been using it as a hedge against shorts in other currencies.
- A key focus now is the G20 meeting in Moscow at at the end of the week. It is uncertain what the G20 will decide, but there is not much the group can do if Japan is determined to continue pursue a weak JPY policy.
- As expected, there was not much in the way of market moving news from the State of the Union address late Tuesday, although the President sounded a little more conciliatory on the budget.
- China remains closed all week. HK will return on Thursday, while a BOJ decision and EZ GDP data are due Thursday.
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.59. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.15. 10-yr JGB: 0.75%, 0bp. Key Far East bourses mostly up
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3444.10-yr bund is 1.67%, +3 bp. European bourses: higher.
U.S. 10-yr 2.02%, +4bp. U.S. shares mostly down.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Thu 14 Dec
23:50 JP- Tankan Survey
Mon 18 Dec
10:00 EZ- final HICP
Tue 19 Dec
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
13:30 US- Current Account
Wed 20 Dec
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 Dec
03:00 JP- BOJ Decision
13:30 CA- CPI & Retail Sales
13:30 US Weely Jobless
13:30 US- GDP
Fri 22 Dec
09:30 US- GB- GDP
13:30 US- core PCE Deflator & Presonal Income
15:00 US- New Homes Sales
15:00 US- final University of Michigan
17:00 US- early Closes
Mon 25 Dec
00:00 Christmas Holidays
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --23:50-- JP- Tankan Survey
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..