Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday February 13, 2013 - 21:30:38 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Focus: BOJ Decision, EZ GDP. G20 FinMin meeting starting Friday in Moscow. No reaction to State of the Union,
|Focus: BOJ Decision, EZ GDP. G20 FinMin meeting starting Friday in Moscow. No reaction to State of the Union, |
14 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- GDP, BOJ Decision, CN- Holiday, Europe: EZ- GDP. North America: US- Weekly Jobless, Natural Gas, 30-yr
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- GDP, BOJ, EZ- GDP, US- Weekly Jobless, 30-yr
- CURRENCY WARS: Its been another volatile session Wednesday after BOE Governor King indicated that the central bank will continue to ignore its inflation target for at ;east the next two years. The GBP was slammed on the news and Gilt prices tumbled . King also denounced the "clarification" of an unnamed G7 official who indicated yesterday that markets had misinterpreted the G7 statement on forex.
- The EUR continues to drift vs. the USD and its key crosses.The market has been using it as a hedge against shorts in other currencies.
- A key focus now is the G20 meeting in Moscow at at the end of the week. It is uncertain what the G20 will decide, but there is not much the group can do if Japan is determined to continue pursue a weak JPY policy.
- As expected, there was not much in the way of market moving news from the State of the Union address late Tuesday, although the President sounded a little more conciliatory on the budget.
- China remains closed all week. HK will return on Thursday, while a BOJ decision and EZ GDP data are due Thursday.
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.59. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.15. 10-yr JGB: 0.75%, 0bp. Key Far East bourses mostly up
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3444.10-yr bund is 1.67%, +3 bp. European bourses: higher.
U.S. 10-yr 2.02%, +4bp. U.S. shares mostly down.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Mar 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Tue 20 Mar 2018
AA 9:30 GB- CPI
A 10:00 DE- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Mar 2018
AA 03:00 AU- Employment
AA 9:30 GB- Employment
A 12:30 US- Current Account
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A A 18:00 US- Fed Rate Decision
A 21:00 NZ- RBNZ Rate Decision
Thu 22 Mar 2018
AA All Day flash PMIs
AA 9:30 GB- Retail Sales
AA 12:00 GB- Bank Of England Decision
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Mar 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.