Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday February 14, 2013 - 10:50:20 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Focus: Weekly Jobless Claims, weak Eurozone, BOJ Decision. G20 FinMin meeting starts Friday in Moscow
|Focus: Weekly Jobless Claims, weak Eurozone, BOJ Decision. G20 FinMin meeting starts Friday in Moscow|
14 February 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: US- Weekly Jobless, Natural Gas, 30-yr
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Weekly Jobless, 30-yr
- CURRENCY WARS: The EUR is trading weaker major currencies and its major crosses today following a number of weak preliminary GDP releases today from the Eurozone. Composite Eurozone GDP fell -0.6% pp and -0.9% yy. This was weaker than the-0.4% and -0.8% readings expected.
- The focus today will be on the performance of Initial Jobless Claims in the latest week.
- The EUR continues to drift vs. the USD and its key crosses.The market has been using it as a hedge against shorts in other currencies.
- The BOJ kept policy steady today as widely expect, although the BOJ said that the economy is bottoming out, most feel that further stimulus is in the pipeline when BOJ leadershipchanges in the near future.
- A key focus now is the G20 meeting in Moscow at at the end of the week. It is uncertain what the G20 will decide, but there is not much the group can do if Japan is determined to continue pursue a weak JPY policy.
- China remains closed all week. HK will returned today,.
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.59. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.15. 10-yr JGB: 0.77%, +1bp. Key Far East bourses mostly up
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3444.10-yr bund is 1.68%, +1 bp. European bourses: down.
U.S. 10-yr 2.05%, +3bp. U.S. shares mostly down.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.