Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday February 14, 2013 - 21:32:23 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Weak EZ GDP undermines EUR, BOJ holds policy steady as expected. More ease in pipeline? Moscow G20 FinMin meet Friday
|Weak EZ GDP undermines EUR, BOJ holds policy steady as expected. More ease in pipeline? Moscow G20 FinMin meet Friday|
15 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: CN- Holiday. JP- Ind Output. Europe: RU- G20 FinMin+CB's GB- Retail Sales.North America: US- Empire PMI, TIC Flows. Industrial Production/Cap Utilization. University of Michigan Sentiment, COT Report.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: G20 FinMins + CBs , GB- Retail Sales, US- Ind Prod, Univ of Mich, COT
- CURRENCY WARS: The EUR has had a rough day vs. the USD and its major crosses Catalyst was a number of weak national preliminary GDP releases from the Eurozone. The Ccmposite Eurozone GDP fell -0.6% pp and -0.9% yy. This was weaker than -0.4% and -0.8% readings expected.
- As expected, the BOJ kept policy steady.Many feel that policy is on hold until. A new central bank governor is installed at the end of March..
- A key focus now is the G20 meeting in Moscow sarting on Friday. It is uncertain what the G20 will decide, but there is not much the group can do if Japan is determined to continue pursue a weak JPY policy.
- China remains closed all week. HK hasl returned ,.
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.74. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.34. 10-yr JGB: 0.77%, +1bp. Key Far East bourses mostly up
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3443.10-yr bund is 1.63%, -3 bp. European bourses: down.
U.S. 10-yr 2.00%, -2bp. U.S. shares mixed.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.