Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday February 15, 2013 - 11:19:20 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
ECB President Draghi expresses no opposition to current EUR levels. U.K. Gretal sales data weak. Moscow G20 FinMin meet underway
|ECB President Draghi expresses no opposition to current EUR levels. U.K. Gretal sales data weak. Moscow G20 FinMin meet underway|
15 February 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: US- Empire PMI, TIC Flows. Industrial Production/Cap Utilization. University of Michigan Sentiment, COT Report.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: G20 FinMins + CBs , US- Ind Prod, Univ of Mich, COT
- CURRENCY WARS: G20 nations are spending a lot of time denying that there is no currency war. If there is no war, why do they have to dwell on why there isn't one? Lots of focus on the meeting but we are not expecting much market-moving in the communique on Saturday, although the draft document likely will be leaked today.
- ECB President Draghi has commented along the lines of recent comments. He says price stability BOTH WAYS is the mandate of the ECB. Some feel the focus of the central bank is only to combat inflation, It is also to combat deflation. He repeated that the EUR is trading around recent levels and that forex policy is not in the mandate.of th ECB. His message appears to be that the ECB is not worried about the present value of EURUSD.
- U.K. January retail sales data released today were weaker than expected. The government blamed weather on the data.
- A major focus for Japan is what the G20 will say public ally about its weak JPY policy. It looks like nothing. Another major topic is who will be named the next BOJ Governor, either Muto or Iwata. Iwata is seen as more likely to pursue an aggressive stimulus program. Policy is on hold until. A new central bank governor is installed at the end of March..
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.74. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.34. 10-yr JGB: 0.75%, -2bp. Key Far East bourses mostly down
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3443.10-yr bund is 1.61%, -2 bp. European bourses: mostly down.
U.S. 10-yr 1.98%, -2bp. U.S. shares mixed.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 20 Nov
14:00 EZ- Draghi Speech
15:00 US- Leading Indicators
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..