Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday February 17, 2013 - 18:02:46 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
No surprises from the G20. President Draghi expressed no concern at current EUR levels. North American (U.S./Canada) holiday Monday
|No surprises from the G20. President Draghi expressed no concern at current EUR levels. North American (U.S./Canada) holiday Monday|
18 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: No Major data. Europe: EZ- Current Account. North America: US/CA- Holiday.
- CURRENCY WARS: G20 nations spent a lot of time saying that ther is no currency war. If there is no war, why do they have to dwell on why there isn't one. It seems the G20 agreed to a number of vague pledges which will allow everyone to do what they have been doing al along.
- On Friday, ECB President Draghi spoke and reiteaated that price stability BOTH WAYS is the mandate of the ECB. Some feel the focus of the central bank is only to combat inflation, It is also to combat deflation.
- Draghi repeated that the EUR is trading around recent levels and that forex policy is not in the mandate.of the ECB. His message appears to be that the ECB is not worried about the present value of EURUSD.
- A internal memo from a Walmart executive which expressed serious concern about the weakness of sales in the past month roiled equity markets late in the day Friday. Walmarty is soo large that some use it as a proxy measure for consumer demand.
- U.K. January retail sales data released Friday were weaker than expected. The government blamed weather on the data.
USDJPY 20-day average is 91.90. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.58. 10-yr JGB: 0.75%, -2bp. Key Far East bourses mostly down
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3445.10-yr bund is 1.65%, +3 bp. European bourses: mostly down.
U.S. 10-yr 2.01%, +1bp. U.S. shares down.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Thu 14 Dec
23:50 JP- Tankan Survey
Mon 18 Dec
10:00 EZ- final HICP
Tue 19 Dec
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
13:30 US- Current Account
Wed 20 Dec
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 Dec
03:00 JP- BOJ Decision
13:30 CA- CPI & Retail Sales
13:30 US Weely Jobless
13:30 US- GDP
Fri 22 Dec
09:30 US- GB- GDP
13:30 US- core PCE Deflator & Presonal Income
15:00 US- New Homes Sales
15:00 US- final University of Michigan
17:00 US- early Closes
Mon 25 Dec
00:00 Christmas Holidays
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Thu --23:50-- JP- Tankan Survey
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..