Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday February 19, 2013 - 10:32:21 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
North America (U.S. and Canada) return from long weekend. German ZEW stronger than forecast. General view Japan still wants weaker JPY.
|North America (U.S. and Canada) return from long weekend. German ZEW stronger than forecast. General view Japan still wants weaker JPY.|
19 February 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: US- NAHB Index, CA- Mfg Sales
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: NAHB Index, CA- MFG Sales
- CURRENCY WARS: NOW that the dust has settled on the G20 meeting, it is pretty clear that the group has given Japan an implicit green light to weaken its currency. Japan FinMIn Aso indicated today that there are no plans to buy foreign bonds. Tokyo has been successful at weakening the currency recently.
- In Europe, ECB President Draghi late last week repeated that the EUR has been trading around its average levels recently and that forex policy is not in the mandate.of the ECB. TRANSLATION: the ECB is not worried about the present value of EURUSD.
- The Gernan ZEW survey was considerably stronger than expected today
- Today U.S. markets will get their first full opportunity to react to the internal memo from a Walmart executive late Friday which expressed serious concerns about the weakness of sales in the past month. Walmart is sometimes seen as a proxy measure for the U.S. economy.
USDJPY 20-day average is 92.11. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.88. 10-yr JGB: 0.74%, -1bp. Key Far East bourses mostly down.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3447.10-yr bund is 1.63%, 0 bp. European bourses: mostly higher.
U.S. 10-yr 2.00%, 0bp. U.S. shares up.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 3 Dec 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A All Day Final Mfg PMIs
Tue 4 Dec 2018
A 04:30 AU- Reserve Bank Decision
Wed 5 Dec 2018
A All Day Final SVC PMIs
A 04:30 AU- CPI
A 13:15 US- ADP Jobs
A 13:30 US- Productivity
A 15:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
B 19:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 6 Dec 2018
AA 12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
AA 13:30 US/CA- Trade
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 7 Dec 2018
A 10:00 EZ- GDP
AA 13:30 US/CA- Employment
A 15:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.