Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday February 19, 2013 - 21:44:13 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Busy calendar for the rest of week. Strong German sentiment data. Fresh U.K. worries. View Japan still wants weaker JPY
|Busy calendar for the rest of week. Strong German sentiment data. Fresh U.K. worries. View Japan still wants weaker JPY|
20 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Trade. Europe: GB- Employment, BOE Minutes, EZ- Consumer Confidence. North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, PPI, Housing Starts/Permits, Fed Minutes.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- Employment, BOE Minutes, EZ- Consumer Confidence, US- Housing Starts/Permits, Fed Minutes.
- CURRENCY WARS: Trade came back to life gradually Tuesday as North American traders returned from their Monday holidays. Earlier in the day Germany released a much stronger than expected ZEW Sentiment Survey. There is now the hope that improving trader sentiment will carry over to the real economy. The EURUSD gained over the day.
- During the day, S&P refused to comment on market rumors about an impending downgrade of U.K. sovereign debt. GBPUSD weaker.
- Traders say they feel that the G2 gave Japan an implicit green light to weaken its currency. Also, Japan FinMIn Aso said today that Tokyo has no plans to buy foreign bonds. It has been successful at weakening the currency recently so there is no need to push those funds out
- U.S. markets shrugged their first full opportunity to react to an internal Walmart executive memo from late Friday that expressed serious concerns about the weak Jan/Feb sales Walmart is sometimes seen as a proxy measure for the U.S. economy.
USDJPY 20-day average is 92.35. EURJPY 20-day average is 124.24. 10-yr JGB: 0.74%, -1bp. Key Far East bourses mostly down.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3451.10-yr bund is 1.62%, -1 bp. European bourses: higher.
U.S. 10-yr 2.03%, +3bp. U.S. shares up..
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.