Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday February 20, 2013 - 21:37:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed minutes hints roil markets. BOE minutes see a growing minority for additional QE. U.K. jobs data better. RBNZ talks down kiwi
|Fed minutes hints roil markets. BOE minutes see a growing minority for additional QE. U.K. jobs data better. RBNZ talks down kiwi|
21 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: No Major Data. Europe: CH- Trade, EZ- flash Mfg/Svc PMI's, GB- CBI Trends. North America: US- CPI, Weekly Jobless, Markit flash PMI, Philly Fed. Existing Homes Sales, LEI, Natural Gas, Weekly Crude
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: EZ- flash PMIs, US- CPI, weekly Jobs, Phiily Fed, Existing Homes Sales, Weekly Crude.
- Fed Minutes unexpectedly roiled the markets again this cycle as the FOMC sent a subtle signal that QE will not last forever. When it runs out remains to be seen, but this was the first shot across the bow for the markets.
- CURRENCY WARS: BOE meeting Minutes from two weeks ago saw support for an additional increase to QE, although the vote was only 6-3 in favor vs. 8-1 at the previous meeting. The GBPUSD fell on the news. January employment data released at the same time improved.Yesterday, S&P refused comment on market rumors about an impending downgrade of U.K. sovereign debt.
- The RBNZ talked down its currency on Wednesday and thus joined a long list of nations trying to manipulate the value of its unit. The NZDUSD was sharply lower on the day.
- In Europe, German Chancellor Merkel sounded off on the value of the EUR and sounded very similar to ECB President Draghi who seems at ease with current EURUSD levels.
- Thurs sees a number of key pieces of data from the various sources (see above).
- Mixed signals have been coming from Japan as PM Abe and his FinMin Aso do not appear to be on the same page on JPY policy. It may take a while to get the two on the same page. Perhaps that will come once the next BOJ is named after this coming weekend.
- Italy sees national elections on Sunday/Monday. Discontent with the status quo has seen a large number of undecided voters and a fragmentation of the electorate. Key is where austerity programs are headed.
USDJPY 20-day average is 92.60. EURJPY 20-day average is 124.56. 10-yr JGB: 0.75%, +1bp. Key Far East bourses were higher..
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3449.10-yr bund is 1.66%, +1 bp. European bourses: mixed.
U.S. 10-yr 2.02%, -1bp. U.S. shares down..
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.