Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday February 24, 2013 - 17:14:02 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Currency Wars continue. Italian elections through Monday. Bernanke Tuesday and Wednesday. New BOJ head Kuroda?
|Currency Wars continue. Italian elections through Monday. Bernanke Tuesday and Wednesday. New BOJ head Kuroda? |
25 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: CN- HSBC flash PMI. Europe: IT- Elections (final day). North America: US- 2-yr
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: IT- National Elections, CN- HSBC flash PMI
- CURRENCY WARS: The "Currency Wars" continue as various officials do what they can to manipulate the value of their currencies in their self-interest. We don't think the JPY devaluation efforts have ended in Japan, although they might have paused for a short while. Europe speaks with numerous voices, but Germany has been expressing satisfaction with the current level of the EUR and France wants it weaker. The U.S. doesn't say much these days but clearly would not be unhappy if the USD falls.
- Late on Friday Moody's took away the coveted AAA rating of the U.K. and downgraded it to Aa1 with a stable outlook. A downgrade was not unexpected but it came earlier than expected. The GBP fell on the news.
- Forex market sentiment has made a major shift in the latest week after Fed Meeting Minutes sent a hint that eventually there will be an end to Fed Quantitative Ease. This comes following a recent improvement in U.S. economic data, although latest data have turned a bit softer.
- Italian national elections started on Sunday and will continue through Monday. There has been a blackout on publishing election polls in the week before national elections in Italy. Markets do not have a good view what will happen with the electorate unhappy with the present state of the economy.
- In Japan a key item is is who will be appointed the next BOJ Governor. There were rumors over the weekend that former FinMin Kuroda will be getting the job some time after PM Abe returns from his U.S trip this weekend.
- Looking ahead, Tuesday and Wednesday will see key Congressional testimony by Fed Chairman Bernanke. Bond markets are looking for a clarifications of the latest Fed Minutes. Recall that Bernanke is in the "dove" camp at the Fed.
- The week ahead sees GDP data from the U.K., Switzerland, the U.S. and Canada, and the start of final February PMI releases on Friday.
USDJPY 20-day average is 92.88. EURJPY 20-day average is 124.71. 10-yr JGB: 0.73%, -1bp. Key Far East bourses: MIXED..
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3426.10-yr bund is 1.57%, -1bp. European bourses: UP
U.S. 10-yr 1.97%, -1bp. U.S. shares: UP..
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.