Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday February 25, 2013 - 21:55:33 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Italian elections generating market turmoil. Bernanke testifies Tuesday and Wednesday. New BOJ head Kuroda?
|Italian elections generating market turmoil. Bernanke testifies Tuesday and Wednesday. New BOJ head Kuroda? |
26 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: No Major Data. Europe: GB- CBI Distributive Trades. North America: Case-Shiller, Richmond Fed, New Homes Sales, CB Consumer Confidence, 5-yr
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Case-Shiller, New Homes Sales, CB Consumer Confidence
- CURRENCY WARS: The "Currency Wars" continue as various officials do what they can to manipulate the value of their currencies in their self-interest. We don't think the JPY devaluation efforts have ended in Japan, although they might have paused for a short while.
- Tuesday and Wednesday will see key Congressional testimony by Fed Chairman Bernanke. Bond markets are looking for a clarifications of the latest Fed Minutes. Recall that Bernanke is in the "dove" camp at the Fed.
- Italian national elections have turned out to be much closer than most had expected and could result in a second vote if no government can be formed. The EUR does not like the prospect of an unsettled Italian government..
- In China the flash HSBC PMI was considerably weaker than forecast at 50.4. The Chinese economy is often seen as a AUD proxy figure.
- Late Friday Moody's lowered the coveted U.K. AAA sovereign debt rating and downgraded it to Aa1 with a stable outlook. A downgrade was not unexpected but it came earlier than forecast.
- In Japan a key item is who will be appointed the next BOJ Governor. There were rumors over the weekend that former FinMin Kuroda who favors PM Abe's aggressive stimulus will be getting the job. Some time after PM Abe returns from his U.S. visit.
USDJPY 20-day average is 92.91. EURJPY 20-day average is 124.58. 10-yr JGB: 0.71%, -2bp. Key Far East bourses: HIGHER..
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3407.10-yr bund is 1.56%, -1bp. European bourses: UP
U.S. 10-yr 1.90%, -7bp. U.S. shares: DOWN..
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.