Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday February 26, 2013 - 21:29:59 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Bernanke testimony seen as dovish. He resumes on Wednesday. The Italian political crisis continues
|Bernanke testimony seen as dovish. He resumes on Wednesday. The Italian political crisis continues|
27 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Retail Sales. Europe: CH- KOF Index, GB- GDP, EZ- Economic/Business Sentiment, Draghi, Consumer Sentiment. North America: US- Weekly Mortgage Stats, Durable Goods, Bernanke, Pending Homes Sales, Weekly Crude, 7-yr
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Retail Sales, GB- GDP, Draghi, US- Durable Goods, Bernanke, Weekly Crude
- Italian national elections ended with no clear result. Investors had hoped that difficult financial reforms would continue, but that is in doubt if a weak coalition government can be formed. If a government cannot be formed then there will have to be another round of elections and a caretaker government installed. It will take a while for the political wheels to turn.
- Worries Italian political uncertainty weighed on equity markets around the globe and given bond prices in major countries a lift (lower rates) on flight to safety demand.
- Wednesday sees the second round of key Congressional testimony from Fed Chairman Bernanke. As expected, markets read the Fed Chairman as dovish and this view saw gold prices spike higher. U.S. data release over the day were stronger than expected.
- In Japan a key item remains who will be appointed the next BOJ Governor. There were "leaked" over the weekend that former FinMin Kuroda who favors PM Abe's aggressive stimulus will be getting the job.We don't think the JPY devaluation efforts have ended, although they might have paused for a short while.
USDJPY 20-day average is 92.97. EURJPY 20-day average is 124.46. 10-yr JGB: 0.69%, -2bp. Key Far East bourses: LOWER.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3386.10-yr bund is 1.48%, -8bp. European bourses: DOWN
U.S. 10-yr 1.88%, -2bp. U.S. shares: UP.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright, Global Viewpoint, Inc. all rights reserved 2013|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.