Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday February 27, 2013 - 21:27:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Bernanke testimony makes no waves as widely expected. The Italian government crisis continues
|Bernanke testimony makes no waves as widely expected. The Italian government crisis continues|
28 February 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Industrial Output Europe: CH- GDP, CPI. DE- Employment. EZ- HICP. North America: CA- Current Account US- Weekly Jobless, GDP, Chicago PMI, Natural Gas
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Industrial Output, CH- GDP, DE- Employment, EZ- HICP (CPI), US- Weekly Jobs, Chicago PMI
- The U.S. budget sequester is scheduled to come into effect on Friday, This is more theater than something catastrophic. Both sides are hoping to use it to their political advantage. Most citizens will not even be aware of the shut down, although the administration will be trying to create as much disruption as it can to make political gains. A last minute face-saving compromise is always possible.
- The second round of Bernadine's testimony made no major headlines on Wednesday. Bernanke stated in response to a question that sequestration should not impact the markets. Data from the U.S., Durable Goods and Existing Homes sales were strong.
- Italian political uncertainty persists, and is unlikely to be resolved soon as the various parties jockey for position amid effort to form a new government.
- The Japanese government is said to be prepared to announce the names of BOJ governors at 02:00 GMT on Thursday. Japan remains a major focus.. It was "leaked" over the weekend that former FinMin Kuroda who favors PM Abe's aggressive stimulus will be getting theGovernor's position. Odds are only BOJ Deputy Governor nominations will be presented. JPY devaluation efforts not have ended, although they might have paused for a short while.
USDJPY 20-day average is 93.03. EURJPY 20-day average is 124.34. 10-yr JGB: 0.67%, -2bp. Key Far East bourses: MIXED.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3364.10-yr bund is 1.45%, -3bp. European bourses: HIGHER
U.S. 10-yr 1.90%, +2bp. U.S. shares: HIGHER.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.