Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday February 28, 2013 - 21:24:59 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Friday U.S. sequester day? ADB Chief Kuroda next BOJ Governor. Italian leadership crisis drags on
|Friday U.S. sequester day? ADB Chief Kuroda next BOJ Governor. Italian leadership crisis drags on|
1 March 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Unemploy, CPI, CN- PMI's. Europe: DE- Retail Sales, CH- PMI. EZ- Mfg PMI, flash HICP (CPI) GB- PMI. North America: CA- GDP, US- Pers Income, PCE Deflator, Markit PMI, University of Michigan Survey, ISM PMI, Construction Spending, COT Report
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- PMIs, JP- CPI, DE- Retail Sales, EZ- final mfg PMi, flash HICP, GB mfg PMI, US- Personal Income, PCE Deflator, Markit PMI, University of Michigan, ISM PMI
- Data from the U.S. Thursday were mixed, although tradres tended to focuson the disappointing modest upward revision to 4Q12 U.S. GDP.
- U.S. budget sequester is scheduled to come into effect on Friday, This is more theater than something catastrophic. Both sides are hoping to use it to their political advantage. Most citizens will not even be aware of the shut down, although the administration will be trying to create as much disruption as it can to make political gains. A last minute face-saving compromise is always possible. If necessary, Obama would until midnight on Friday to put the sequester into effect.
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe formally nominated former FinMin Kuroda to be the next BOJ Governor and Iwata and Nakaso to be deputy governors. No surprises and this suggests that Aso's pro-growth agenda and weaker JPY policy be the main agenda of the new leadership of the BOJ. "independent" central bank. Parliamentary approval of the candidates is asured.
- JPY devaluation efforts not have ended, although they might have paused for a short while.
- Italian political uncertainty persists, and is unlikely to be resolved immediately as the various parties jockey for position amid effort to form a new government.
USDJPY 20-day average is 93.09. EURJPY 20-day average is 124.18. 10-yr JGB: 0.66%, -1bp. Key Far East bourses: HIGHER.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3338.10-yr bund is 1.45%, 0bp. European bourses: HIGHER
U.S. 10-yr 1.89%, -1bp. U.S. shares: HIGHER.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.