Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday March 3, 2013 - 14:29:24 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Busy week in store as central banks meet. End of week sees critical monthly U.S. employment data
|Busy week in store as central banks meet. End of week sees critical monthly U.S. employment data.|
4 March 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: No Major Data. Europe: EZ- PPI. North America: No Major Data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: No Major Data
- The outcome of national elections in Italy two weeks ago have raised fresh questions about the Euro experiment. It had been expected the parties who support Italian austerity would come to power, however voters sent the message that they are unhappy with the current austerity program that is in place. The fear is that voters in other countries under onerous austerity regimes will act in a similar manner and that one (or more) could eventually decide that the common currency experiment is not workable. Portugal saw large anti-austerity damonstrations this weekwns. Also a major fund manager has taken the unprecedented step of reclassifying Greece as an "emerging" market from a "developed" one.
- "Currency Wars" are certainly not over as Japanese PM Abe nominated former FinMin Kuroda to be the new BOJ Governor at the end of March. Kuroda and two new Deputy Governors are strongly supportive of PM Abe's program to reflate the economy through
additional Quantitative Ease and by weakening the JPY even further.
- Tokyo tends to think primarily in terms of the USDJPY and some are now talking about an eventual target of USDJPY 100-110 or even higher following the current pause.
- The week ahead sses central bank meetings for the Reserve Bank of Australia, Bank of Canada, the Bank of Japan, Bank of England and the European Central Bank. We favor additional ease. from the ECB and BOE. The BOJ is expected to keep policy on hold while its leadership is in transition.
- As we indicated last week, the U.S. budget sequester last Friday was a non-event. THe key data is now March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
USDJPY 20-day average is 93.12. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.93. 10-yr JGB: 0.66%, 0bp. Key Far East bourses: MIXED.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3307.10-yr bund is 1.43%, -2bp. European bourses: MIXED.
U.S. 10-yr 1.86%, -3bp. U.S. shares: UP.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 20 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 20 Nov
14:00 EZ- Draghi Speech
15:00 US- Leading Indicators
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..