Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday March 4, 2013 - 10:49:56 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Busy week in store as central banks meet. End of week sees critical monthly U.S. employment data.
|Busy week in store as central banks meet. End of week sees critical monthly U.S. employment data.|
4 March 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: No Major Data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: No Major Data
- The outcome of national elections in Italy two weeks ago have raised fresh questions about the Euro experiment. It had been expected the parties who support Italian austerity would come to power, however voters sent the message that they are unhappy with the current austerity program that is in place. The fear is that voters in other countries under onerous austerity regimes will act in a similar manner and that one (or more) could eventually decide that the common currency experiment is not workable.
- Portugal saw large anti-austerity demonstrations this weekend. Also a major fund manager has taken the unprecedented step of reclassifying Greece as an "emerging" market from a "developed" one.
- "Currency Wars" are not over. ADP president FinMin Kurodai Lower House confirmation hearing promised to do all he can to end deflation if confirmed as new BOJ Governor. Governor Shirakawa steps down on March 19. at the end of March.
- Tokyo tends to think primarily in terms of the USDJPY and some are now talking about an eventual target of USDJPY 100-110 or even higher following the current pause.
- The week ahead sees central bank meetings for the Reserve Bank of Australia, Bank of Canada, the Bank of Japan, Bank of England and the European Central Bank. We favor additional ease. from the ECB and BOE. The BOJ is expected to keep policy on hold while its leadership is in transition.
- As we indicated last week, the U.S. budget sequester last Friday has been a non-event. The key date is now March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
USDJPY 20-day average is 93.12. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.93. 10-yr JGB: 0.62%, -4bp. Key Far East bourses: MIXED.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3307.10-yr bund is 1.40%, -4bp. European bourses: DOWN.
U.S. 10-yr 1.84%, -2bp. U.S. shares: DOWN.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.