Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Friday March 8, 2013 - 09:47:33 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Focus Friday on U.S. Jobs data for February. Markets hoping for a gain of 200K in the month
|Focus Friday on U.S. Jobs data for February. Markets hoping for a gain of 200K in the month|
8 March 2013 11:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: CA- Employment. US- Employment, Wholesale Inventories, COT Report
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JA- GDP, CN- Trade, CH- CPI, CA/US- Employment
- The primary focus today is the release of February U.S. jobs data. Street estimates are for jobs to increase by 167K, vs..157K in January. The ADP private employment report Wednesday saw jobs rise by just shy of 200K in February, plus there has been a consistent improvement seen in the weekly jobless figures.
- It is possible that street estimates could be on the low side. The so-callled "whisper number" of traders is for a gain of around +200K. A weaker than expected nuber would be a disappointment.
- Revised Japanese 4Q12 GDP was revised up slightly to a flat reading. The next Governor (Kuroda) is expected to be approved by the Diet in the week ahead.
- Swiss CPI fell -0.3% y/y, the same as in January. Switzerland remains mired in deflation.
- The next key U.S. budget date is March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
USDJPY 20-day average is 93.26. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.24. 10-yr JGB: 0.65%, -3bp. Key Far East bourses: MIXED.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3214.10-yr bund is 1.49%, 0bp. European bourses: HIGHER.
U.S. 10-yr 1.99%, 0bp. U.S. shares: HIGHER.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 3 Dec 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A All Day Final Mfg PMIs
Tue 4 Dec 2018
A 04:30 AU- Reserve Bank Decision
Wed 5 Dec 2018
A All Day Final SVC PMIs
A 04:30 AU- CPI
A 13:15 US- ADP Jobs
A 13:30 US- Productivity
A 15:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
B 19:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 6 Dec 2018
AA 12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
AA 13:30 US/CA- Trade
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 7 Dec 2018
A 10:00 EZ- GDP
AA 13:30 US/CA- Employment
A 15:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.