Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday March 10, 2013 - 15:10:21 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Market sentiment shifts after better-than-expected U.S. February jobs. Canada jobs also strong
|Market sentiment shifts after better-than-expected U.S. February jobs. Canada jobs also strong|
11 March 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Machinery Orders, Parliament vote on BOJ Governor. Europe: CH- Retail Sales. North America: No Major Data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JA- Machinery Orders, Parliament Vote on BOJ Governors
- February U.S.Non-farm payrolls increased by an unexpectedly strong 236K. Street estimates had been for jobs to increase by 167K in the month. Other job measures recently have been pointing to an improving employment picture, but there still is a very long way to go.
- Forex markets appear to be in transition. If true, this transition could mean that prices could start to behave differently to news than they have has for a long time and could force a change in trading strategies for many.
- What we feel could be happening is that the USD may be starting to become an asset play again as the economy improves. If foreign funds start to flow more heavily into U.S. shares, then investors often have to buy their dollars first. Markets will quickly pick up on this and then the USD will start to react positively to strong U.S. data and negatively to weak data.
- The big loser in this scenario is likely to be the JPY which could see a resurgence of its traditional role as the funding currency for positions of all types. There is no doubt that the Bank of Japan is going to keep liquidity loose for the next several years and the JPY weak. These policies will support the JPY in its funding currency role.
- The second week of the month tends to be active for U.K. data, and the GBP could be undermined if U.K. economic reports come in weak.
- The next key U.S. budget date is March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
USDJPY 20-day average is 93.26. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.24. 10-yr JGB: 0.65%, -3bp. Key Far East bourses: MIXED.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3214.10-yr bund is 1.53%, +4bp. European bourses: HIGHER.
U.S. 10-yr 2.05%, +6bp. U.S. shares: HIGHER.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.