Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday March 10, 2013 - 15:10:21 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Market sentiment shifts after better-than-expected U.S. February jobs. Canada jobs also strong
|Market sentiment shifts after better-than-expected U.S. February jobs. Canada jobs also strong|
11 March 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Machinery Orders, Parliament vote on BOJ Governor. Europe: CH- Retail Sales. North America: No Major Data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JA- Machinery Orders, Parliament Vote on BOJ Governors
- February U.S.Non-farm payrolls increased by an unexpectedly strong 236K. Street estimates had been for jobs to increase by 167K in the month. Other job measures recently have been pointing to an improving employment picture, but there still is a very long way to go.
- Forex markets appear to be in transition. If true, this transition could mean that prices could start to behave differently to news than they have has for a long time and could force a change in trading strategies for many.
- What we feel could be happening is that the USD may be starting to become an asset play again as the economy improves. If foreign funds start to flow more heavily into U.S. shares, then investors often have to buy their dollars first. Markets will quickly pick up on this and then the USD will start to react positively to strong U.S. data and negatively to weak data.
- The big loser in this scenario is likely to be the JPY which could see a resurgence of its traditional role as the funding currency for positions of all types. There is no doubt that the Bank of Japan is going to keep liquidity loose for the next several years and the JPY weak. These policies will support the JPY in its funding currency role.
- The second week of the month tends to be active for U.K. data, and the GBP could be undermined if U.K. economic reports come in weak.
- The next key U.S. budget date is March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
USDJPY 20-day average is 93.26. EURJPY 20-day average is 123.24. 10-yr JGB: 0.65%, -3bp. Key Far East bourses: MIXED.
EURUSD 20-day average:1.3214.10-yr bund is 1.53%, +4bp. European bourses: HIGHER.
U.S. 10-yr 2.05%, +6bp. U.S. shares: HIGHER.
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..