Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday March 18, 2013 - 20:41:46 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Cyprus bank deposits confication scheme worries mount. Active week in store for data
|Cyprus bank deposits confication scheme worries mount. Active week in store for data|
19 March 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Lead Indicators. Europe: GB- PPI, CPI, DE- ZEW Survey. North America: US- Housihg Starts, API Energy
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- CPI, DE- ZEW Survey, US Housing Starts
- Markets are waiting to see what is decided on the Cyprus bank bailout. The latest speculation is that deposits less than EUR100,000 will take a 3% haircut while those between EUR100K and EUR500K will lose 10% and deposits greater than than EUR 500K will lose 12%. Needless to say this hasremains a cotroversial decision, if approved as depositors throughout Europe do not know what other arbitrary actions of this type might be coming next.
- Any plan to renege on Cyprus bank deposit insurance protection on bank accounts will require parliamentary approval and that will be hard to come by. Banks are no longer to reopen on Tuesday as initially promised. The latest chatter is that banks wil not reopen until Thursday as internal political discussions drag on
- The prices of Euro-zone banks stocks have tumbed today . This is not good for confidence in the EUR. Gold is higher on the tday.
- Tuesday sees critical sentiment data from Germany with the ZEW Survey due. The major IFO survey is released Friday. Recall that Germany is the core economy of Europe. Flash PMIs are also slated.
- Wednesday sees a Fed meeting and a Bernanke Press Conference. The hope is for some clarification on future Fed policies.
- CALENDAR NOTE. All future Fed policy decisions will be released at 2:00 PM Eastern U.S. time and the Bernanke press conferences will start at 2:30 PM..
- The next key U.S. budget date is March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
||JGB 0.60% -3bp
||Bund 1.40% -6bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.