Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday March 20, 2013 - 20:50:59 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Cyprus remains up in the air. Banks not to reopen until next Tuesday. Looking ahead to Fed
|Cyprus remains up in the air. Banks not to reopen until next Tuesday. Looking ahead to Fed|
21 March 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: JP- Trade. CN- HSBC flash PMI Europe: CH- Trade, EZ- Mfg/SVC flash PMI, GB- Retail Sales, CBI- Orders. North America: CA- Retail Sales, US- Weekly Jobless, Markit flash PMI, Philly Fed, Existing Homes Sales, Leading Indicators, Natural Gas
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- flash HSBC PMI, EZ flash PMIs, GB- Retail Sales, CA- Retail Sales, Weekly Jobs, Markit flash PMI, Phiily Fed , Existing Homes Sales
- The Cyprus Banking crisis continued today with no resolution in sight. There was word that banks will be closed until next Tuesday. The Finance Minister is now in Russia trying to work out something. .
- While the magnitude of the Cyprus problem is relatively small, it is having psychological implications for confidence in the broader Eurozone common currency area.
- The latest Fed policy decision and a Bernanke Press Conference. We saw little market-moving news from the central bank this time.However, Benanke did loosen the criteria a bit for a tapering off of QE.
- The latest U.K. Meeting Minutes triggered volatility in the GBP as the central bank expressed concerns about the impact of currency weakness on the economy and prices.
- The next key U.S. budget date is March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
||JGB 0.60% 0bp
||Bund 137% +2bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.