Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday March 21, 2013 - 20:29:00 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Cyprus simmers. EZ PMI weak. German IFO due. Slow Fri calendar
|Cyprus simmers. EZ PMI weak. German IFO due. Slow Fri calendar|
22 March 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR-Far East: No Major Data Europe: DE- IFO Survey. North America: US- COT Report
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- IFO, US- COT Report
- A slew of U.S. data was mostly better than expected.on Thursday. The Friday calendar is mostly empty except for the critically-important German IFO survey.
- EZ flash PMI data today were considerably weaker than expected, led by poor data from Germany. The flash HSBC PMI was stronger than forecast.
- The Cyprus banking crisis continues. Some are hoping for some sort of conclusion into the weekend . Banks are closed untill Tuesday.
- While the Cyprus problem is relatively small, it is has had psychological implications for confidence in the broader Eurozone governance.
- We saw little market-moving news from the Fed decision yesterday. Benanke did loosen the criteria a bit for a tapering off of QE.
- The next key U.S. budget date is March 27 when the government's current funding authority runs out.
||JGB 0.58% -2bp
||Bund 137% 0bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 18 December 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 18 Dec
10:00 EZ- final HICP
Tue 19 Dec
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
13:30 US- Current Account
Wed 20 Dec
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 Dec
03:00 JP- BOJ Decision
13:30 CA- CPI & Retail Sales
13:30 US Weely Jobless
13:30 US- GDP
Fri 22 Dec
09:30 US- GB- GDP
13:30 US- core PCE Deflator & Presonal Income
15:00 US- New Homes Sales
15:00 US- final University of Michigan
17:00 US- early Closes
Mon 25 Dec
00:00 Christmas Holidays
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Mon--10:00 GMT-- EZ- final November HICP. flash data are rarely changed.
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Medium Tue --09:00 GMT-- DE- IFO Survey. Key report but usually not a market-mover
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Medium- Tue --13:30 GMT-- US- Housing Starts and Permits. Leading indicators of activity
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH-Medium- Wed --15:00-- US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed --15:30-- US- EIA Crude
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..