Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday April 14, 2013 - 13:45:49 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Active week in store. Focus on Japan and USDJPY 100 level
|Active week in store. Focus on Japan and USDJPY 100 level|
15 April 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: CN- GDP, JP- Industrial Output Europe: EZ- Trade. North America: US- Empire PMI, TIC Data, NAHB
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- GDP, JP- Industrial Output, EZ- Trade, US- Empire PMI, NAHB
- The Japanese stimulus program is now dominating, forex markets have abandoned the flight-to-safety trade and started to use the excess
liquidity being pumped into the system to seek out higher yields. So what we have already seen is a return to carry trades with market participants using cheap JPY to fund purchases of EUR-denominated bonds.
- Asian Central Banks (ACB) reportedly have been at the forefront buying Eurozone debt. When you think about it, if you are not worried about a debt default in a country like Italy, you can receive a EUR-denominated yield of 4.34% vs. 1.30% in German bunds. In earlier times, investors would have had to worry about the old lira exchange rate risk with Italian bonds. The bottom-line is that Japanese monetary ease has had the unintended effect of generating EUR demand.
- This wee sees an active data calendar with monetary policy a key focus of trade. It will see inflation reports from a number of major economies. Most central banks these days now target inflation. We are not expecting any reports that should impact policy in the near term.
- Another highlight for us will be the German ZEW Survey, which is often seen as a leading indicator of the closely followed monthly IFO survey.
||JGB 0.60% +2bp
||Bund 1.26% -4bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.