Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday May 9, 2013 - 20:46:38 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Canadian Jobs on Friday. Australian jobs strong. BOE unchanged
|Canadian Jobs on Friday. Australian jobs strong. BOE unchanged|
10 May 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR- Far East: No Major Data. Europe: GB- G8 FinMins, DE- Trade, GB- Trade. North America: CA- Employment, US- Bernanke, COT Report
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: G8- London, DE- Trade, GB- Trade, CA- Employment
- The JPY fell out of bed Thursday afternoon in NYC for no apparent reason. Perhaps somebody knows something? In any case. its decline triggered a wave of stops and drove other major currencies lower such as the AUD and EUR lower.
- The major release on Friday will be the release of April Canadian employment data.
- Weekly U.S. jobless Claims fell to a new recent low of 323K in the latest week. They generally support the notion that the economy might be on an improving track.
- The Bank of England kept policy steady as expected. Yet another U.K. (output data) statistic was stronger than expected.
- Australian employment data saw a much stronger than expected gain in jobs of 50.1K This tends to be a volatile series so we prefer to smooth the data with a 3mo moving average, which is rising. The unemployment rate fell to 5.50% from 5.60%. Odds are speculation about a June RBA rate cut will cool. AUDUSD higher..
- Chinese CPI due early Thursday were hotter than expected and reduces the scope for maneuver of the PBOC.
||JGB 0.59% 0bp
||Bund 1.26% -3bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.