Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday May 13, 2013 - 09:33:11 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed preparing markets for QE exit. Busy calendar week
|Fed preparing markets for QE exit. Busy calendar week|
13 May 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR- North America: US- Retail Sales, Business Inventories
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- Retail Sales
- When the Fed is going to act has been left vague, but clearly it is setting the stage for an exit from Quantitative Ease. The purpose of the late Friday WSJ article story appears to have been to start well in advance desensitized to the actual announcement whenever it comes.
- An end to QE would adversely impact bond prices, then weigh on equities, and then give the USD a boost. Price moves in all these markets will appear virtually instantaneously when they hit, but the logic at least will be sequential.
- Swiss March retail sales were a considerably weaker than expected -0.9% yy.
- The G8 apparently did not put much pressure on Japan to halt its efforts to stimulate economic growth vs. QE and a weaker currency.
- One key development recently has been the persistent improvement in U.S. data, although monthly employment figures have tended to lag.
- Today sees the release of key U.S.retail sales data.
- Tuesday sees the closely followed German ZEW Survey, which often provides an inkling on how the IFO Survey will show in about a week's time. Key data on Wednesday will be U.K. employment data and EZ GDP readings. The U.S. will see several releases with Industrial Production data likely the most significant. Thursday sees EZ and U.S. CPI data and U.S. Housing Starts. Weekly Jobless Claims are always closely followed. Friday caps off a busy week with Canadian CPI data and the University of Michigan Survey.
||JGB 0.77% +11bp
||Bund 1.37% +7bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.