Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Thursday May 23, 2013 - 20:51:12 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German IFO data due Friday. Pre-holiday U.S. calendar light
|German IFO data due Friday. Pre-holiday U.S. calendar light|
24 May 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR Far East: No Major Data. Europe: DE- IFO Survey. North America: US- Durable Goods, COT Report
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- IFO Survey, US- Durable Goods
- As we predicted early Thursday markets spent the session digesting the short-term implications of the testimony by Chairman Bernanke on Wednesday. Traders have come to the REALIZATION that the Fed is moving into a transition period for policy. A policy transition implies that interest rates (read bond yields) will be moving higher and if the move to fast or too far they could weigh on stock prices. One fear at the Fed is that this transition could weigh on the economy and on the pace of jobs growth.
- It is a fear of the "shock effect" on the market that has Bernanke trying to desensitize the markets to this change in policy well before it hits. The transition back to a more "normal" policy will be gradual and governed by the performance of the economy and mostly jobs. In terms of trading, expect USD values to be heavily influenced by stock and bond markets and for stock and bond markets to be highly sensitive to economic data reports.
- The flash China (HSBC) PMI data fell below the key 50 expansion/contraction line, while German and French data were a touch stronger. The EZ flash PMI was better than expected but sill below the 50 expansion line..
- U.S. key Weekly Jobless claims returned to back below 350K in the month. The Markit flash PMI fell modestly, while New Home Sales were strong.
- The critical German IFO Survey is due on Friday.
||JGB 0.88% 0bp
||Bund 1.44% +2bp
||Europe Sharply Weaker|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 23 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 July 2018
Wed 25 July 2018
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 July 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
Fri 27 July 2018
AA 12:30 US- GDP
A 14:00 US- Final University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.