Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday June 2, 2013 - 11:14:27 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Global PMI data the focus Monday. Active calendar all week
|Global PMI data the focus Monday. Active calendar all week|
3 June 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR Far East:AU- PMI, Retail Sales. Europe: CH- PMI, FR- PMI, DE- PMI, EZ- PMI, GB- PMI. North America: US- Markit PMI, ISM PMI, Construction Spending
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: PMI's AU/CH/FR/DE/EZ/GB/US
- We set out a new trading theme several weeks ago that has been working well. With the Fed now in a "transition phase" out of QE, the best barometer of market sentiment we know of is how bond yields perform. Twice each trading day we post a table of key bond yields on the Forex Forum..We are looking mainly at the 10-yr bond. Friday at Europe close
- As for the Fed's transition, expect it to stretch over an extended period of time. By an extended period of time, we mean years not months. Fed Chair Bernanke would like to see a transition with as little disruption to the markets as possible. Financial markets tend to have short attention spans so it might take them a while to adjust to the Fed's time frame.
- The pace of the Fed adjustment will be governed by the performance of U.S. employment data, so the monthly employment data due on Friday and related statistics in the week ahead will be very important to traders.
- Before employment data are released, the markets will see monthly PMI data from all over the globe. These data are closely-followed because the data are very fresh and because they are roughly comparable between different countries.
- This week sees Central bank policy decisions by the Reserve Bank of Australia, the ECB and the Bank of England. All three are expected to hold key rates steady, but are thought to be looking for other means of promoting economic growth.
- Bottom-line this is is a USD market, but its price performance against the majors recently has been lackluster.
||JGB 0.85% -4bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.50% -1bp
||U.S. 2.16% +4bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 19 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 19 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN, US- Holiday
Tue 20 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A 10:00 US- ZEW Survey
Wed 21 Feb 2018
00:00 CN- Holiday
A All Day flash PMIs
A 15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 19:00 US- Fed Meeting Minutes
Thu 22 Feb 2018
A 09:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 09:30 GB- GDP
AA 13:30 CA- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 23 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- Final HICP
AA 13:30 CA- CPI
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.