Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday June 3, 2013 - 09:39:10 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Global PMI data improving. Active calendar week
|Global PMI data improving. Active calendar week|
3 June 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR North America: US- Markit PMI, ISM PMI, Construction Spending
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: PMI's AU/CH/FR/DE/EZ/GB/US
- Far East PMI data released since last Friday have been mixed. In China, recent data suggest the economy is slowinig. Australian mfg PMI rebounded sharply from an exxtremely low level, but remains very depressed.
- In Europe, manufacturing PMI data improved across the board with positive data released by Switzerland and the U.K. The Eurozone improved t just below the 50 expansion line.
- We set out a new trading theme several weeks ago that has been working well. With the Fed now in a "transition phase" out of QE, the best barometer of market sentiment we know of is how bond yields perform. Twice each trading day we post a table of key bond yields on the Forex Forum..We are looking mainly at the 10-yr bond. Today:
- As for the Fed's transition, expect it to stretch over an extended period of time. By an extended period of time, we mean years not months. Fed Chair Bernanke would like to see a transition with as little disruption to the markets as possible. Financial markets tend to have short attention spans so it might take them a while to adjust to the Fed's time frame.
- The pace of the Fed adjustment will be governed by the performance of U.S. employment data, so the monthly employment data due on Friday and related statistics in the week ahead will be very important to traders.
- This week sees Central bank policy decisions by the Reserve Bank of Australia, the ECB and the Bank of England. All three are expected to hold key rates steady, but are thought to be looking for other means of promoting economic growth.
- Bottom-line this is is a USD market, but its price performance against the majors recently has been lackluster.
||JGB 0.82% -3bp
||Asia Close Lower|
||Bund 1.50% 0bp
||U.S. 2.14% -2bp
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..