Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Share This Story
TradeTheNews.com US Market Update: Global Equities Flat Ahead of Fed Speak TradeTheNews.com US Market Update: Global Equities Flat Ahead of Fed Speak
Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:13 AM EST
- (ZA) South Africa Q2 BER Business Confidence: 48.0 v 50.0e
- (IR) Ireland Apr Property Prices M/M: +0.8% v -0.5% prior; Y/Y: -1.2% v -3.0% prior
- (IE) Ireland Apr Industrial Production M/M: +3.0% v -1.6% prior; Y/Y: +1.8 v -3.5% prior
- (EU) OECD Apr annual inflation: 1.3% v 1.6% prior; lowest since Mar 2009
- (US) ICSC Chain Store Sales w/e May 31st: w/w +1.9%; Y/Y: +4.3%
- (BR) Brazil Apr Industrial Production M/M: 1.8% v 1.0%e; Y/Y: % v 7.2%e
- (RU) Russia May Consumer Prices M/M: 0.7% v 0.6%e Y/Y: 7.4% v 7.3%e; CPI YTD: 3.1% v 2.4% prior
- (RU) Russia May CPI Core M/M: 0.3% v 0.4%e; Core YTD: 2.1% v 1.7% prior
- (CA) Canada Apr Int'l Merchandise Trade: -C$0.6B v -C$0.5Be
- (US) Apr Trade Balance: -$40.3B v -$41.1Be
- (US) Redbook Retail Sales w/e May 31st: +2.9% y/y; May MTD: +0.6% m/m; May MTD: +2.7% y/y
- (EU) Weekly ECB Forex Reserves: €218.8B v €218.9B prior
- (MX) Mexico May Consumer Confidence: 95.2 v 95.5e
- (US) May ISM New York: 54.4 v 55.0e
- (US) Jun IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism: 49 v 50.0e
- US and European equity markets are having trouble sustaining earlier gains this morning. Note that if the DJIA ends the session higher, it will be the 21st Tuesday of gains for the index, the longest winning streak for any day of the week since 1900. As of writing, all three major indices are flat on the session.
- The euro has drifted off the highs seen in the wake of yesterday's tough US May ISM manufacturing data. EUR/USD tested 1.3100 briefly after the US and Canada trade data dropped around 08:30ET, but it has slid back toward 1.3000 in mid-morning trade. FX traders are eyeing Thursday's ECB decision and press conference as a good opportunity to short the euro.
- The US April trade deficit widened 8.5% to $40.3B over March levels. Exports expanded 1.2% to $187B, the second-highest level ever, although imports grew even more. Analysts note that the stronger dollar early this year held back US exports.
- In other trade news, the EU announced that it would impose duties on imports on Chinese solar panels for six months. The EU and China have been negotiating over ways to rebalance the critical trade in solar panels, as European companies complain about Chinese dumping, and this move is a gambit in the ongoing talks. For the first two month, the duties would only be around 11% and tariffs would climb to 47% after two months if talks do not progress.
- The Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) has proposed designating non-bank firms AIG, Prudential and GE Capital as systemically important financial institutions (SIFI), marking them for heightened regulatory oversight. Other companies could be named, but only three have come out to disclose it publically so far.
- Salesforce.com has reached a deal to buy ExactTarget, a provider of marketing software services, for about $2.5 billion. Salesforce will pay $33.75 a share, nearly 53% above ExactTarget's closing price on Monday. The takeover continues a string of Salesforce deals to bolster its marketing offerings.
- Shares of Dollar General are down more than 7% this morning after the discount retailer missed Q1 expectations and cut its FY13 guidance. SAIC is down nearly 3% after missing earnings targets in its Q1.
- 11:30 (US) Treasury to sell $30B in4-Week Bills
- 12:15 (US) IMF chief Lagarde on global outlook
- 12:30 (US) Fed's Raskin on employment in Washington DC
- 13:00 (DE) German Fin Min Schaeuble attends Panel Discussion on CDU Election Platform
- 13:30 (US) Fed's George Speaks on Economy in New Mexico
- 16:30 (US) Weekly API U.S. Crude Oil Inventories
- 17:00 (CL) Colombia May Producer Price Index M/M: No est v -0.3% prior; Y/Y: No est v -2.4% prior
- 19:00 (US) Former President Clinton speaks in Toronto
- 20:00 (US) Fed's Fisher speaks on Monetary Policy in Toronto
- 21:30 (AU) Australia Q1 GDP Q/Q: 0.8%e v 0.6% prior; Y/Y: 2.7%e v 3.1% prior
- 21:45 (CN) China May HSBC Services PMI: No est v 51.1 prior
- (JP) Japan PM Abe presents his 'third arrow' speech
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 21 November 2017
Register for the Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Tue 21 Nov
15:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
23:00 US- Yellen Speech
Wed 22 Nov
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Durable Goods
15:00 US- final University of Michigan Survey
15:30 US- EIA Crude
19:00 US- FOMC Minutes
Thu 23 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
13:30 CA- Retail Sales
Fri 24 Nov
All Day flash PMIs
09:00 DE- IFO Survey
US- Early Closes
Potential Trading Opportunities
John M. Bland, MBA
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Mon -- 14:00 GMT EZ- Draghi speaks in Brussels. Looking for any policy hints or bias
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 13:30 GMT US- Existing Homes Sales. Top Housing Statistic
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Tue -- 23:30 GMT US- Yellen Speech. Early evening. Looking for anything on policy
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 13:30 GMT US- Weekly Jobless, Durable Goods
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:00 GMT US- final University of Michigan Survey
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium Wed -- 15:30 GMT US- EIA Crude
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH Wed -- 19:00 GMT US- FOMC Policy Minutes. Key policy release
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Daily Trading Chart Points Updated
EXCLUSIVE: Global-View Free Forex Database updated
TRADER ADVOCACY ARTICLES
Trader's Advocate Articles..