Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday June 17, 2013 - 21:04:59 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Focus on Japan. Fed on Wednesday
|Focus on Japan. Fed on Wednesday|
18 June 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR Far East: JP- Industrial Output. Europe: GB- CPI, PPI, DE- ZEW Survey. North America: US- CPI, Housing Starts/Permits, API Energy
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: US- GB- CPI, DE- ZEW, US- CPI, Housing Starts
- The FT ran a mid-afternoon story indiacing in their opinion the Fed could be more hawkish than expected on Wednesday.Odds are this is not a leak to the press.
- U.S. Empire State PMI and the NAHB index data on Monday were stronger than expected. More data will be released Tuesday before the FOMC decision.The Fed policy decision and Bernanke press conference on Wednesday will be major events this week. Its not 100% certain, but Fed reporter Jon Hilsenrath, who often is a mouthpiece of the Fed, might have been a messenger to the markets told the markets last week them not to expect much from the central bank.
- Odds are the Bernanke press conference will be the most significant part of the Fed meeting, with the odds strongly favoring no policy changes. Note in the latest week that U.S. economic data has generally not showed much improvement. .
- Japanese officials are getting a lesson about how difficult it can be to try to manipulate the markets. Today Nikkei has gained and the JPY has eased.
- The German ZEW survey due Tuesday is often seen as a predictor of the IFO Survey later in the month.
||JGB 0.83% -2bp
||Asia Close Higher|
||Bund 1.54% -2bp
||U.S. 2.14% -4bp
||U.S. Higher |
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 17 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Wed 18 July 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
AA 14:00 US-Powell Testimony
Thu 19 July 2018
AA 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 20 Jun 2018
A 12:30 CA- CPI/Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.