Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday June 23, 2013 - 13:52:46 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German IFO Survey Monday. Active data week into quarter-end
|German IFO Survey Monday. Active data week into quarter-end|
24 June 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR Far East: No Major Data. Europe: DE- IFO Survey. North America: No Major Data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- IFO Survey
- Last week was a watershed week after the Fed Chairman was exceptionally clear in laying out the separate paths for a wind down of its Asset Purchase program and the path for higher official interest rates.
- Chairman Bernanke solidified the path to a tapering of asset purchases indicating that he expected a reduction in asset purchases to start in the second half of this year and for the program to have ended by mid-2014. He gave the markets a benchmark unemployment rate to watch for, which is 7.0%, but warned that the tapering will be subject to economic conditions. The Fed would like to exit the emergency Asset Purchase Program as early as possible due to the market distortions it creates.
- As for interest rates, Bernanke seemed to soften his earlier guidance, saying that the old 6.50% target for the start of hiking interest rates is not a "target" any more. It is now the "threshold" for starting to consider a tightening.
- Fixed income and equity markets have reacted immediately and violently to the prospect of a future loss of Fed support for financial asset prices. The 10-yr note yield rose from 2.20% pre-Bernanke to the mid-2.50% levels by the Friday close.early Thursday as the bond markets immediately and preemptively tightened for the Fed.
- Monday sees the closely-followed German IFO Survey, This number is seen as a key indicator of the Eurozone economy
||JGB 0.87% +2bp
||Asia Close Lower|
||Bund 1.73% +7bp
||U.S. 2.51% +15bp
||U.S. Higher |
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 23 Apr 2018
A All Day- Flash PMIs
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Apr 2018
AA 01:30 AU- CPI
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- CB Confidence
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
Wed 25 Apr 2018
AA 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Apr 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 27 Apr 2018
AA 03:00 JP- Bank of Japan
A 08:00 DE- Employment
A 08:30 GB- GDP
A 14:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.