Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday July 9, 2013 - 20:47:29 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
S&P downgrades Italian Debt. ECB reinforces low rate policy
|S&P downgrades Italian Debt. ECB reinforces low rate policy|
10 July 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR:Far East: CN- Trade, JP- Tertiary Activity Index Europe: GB- No Major Data. North America: US- Weekly Mortgages, Wholesale Inventories, Weekly Energy, 10-yr auction, Fed Minutes, Bernanke
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- Trade, 10-yr, Fed Minutes, Bernanke
- S&P woke up the markets Tuesday afternoon in NY with a sovereign debt downgrade of Italy to BBB from BBB+ with a negative outlook. S&P cited a forenoon's of the outlook for economic growth. The news was a second weighton EURUSD after ECB comments by policy Board Member Asmussen hit the pair earlier.
- The ECB's Asmussen: stirred the markets when he said that ECB forward guidance goes beyond 12 months The Asmussen statement did not tell us much new, but it reconfirmed that the ECB is favoring lowering rates. On the news. the market got a "new" pretext for testing the downside of EURUSD. He said he wantedto anchor market expectations for the foreseeable future. EURUSD tested below 1.2800 on the headlines. Subsequently, the ECB "clarified" his comments, returning the official view to an "extended period of time" from the 12month plus time line.
- GBP fell on the U.K. sees the first softer U.K. data (Manufacturing and Industrial Output) in a while. See forum for data.
- China CPI data for June were higher than expected.
- The tone of the USD has improved in the wake of the much stronger than expected June U.S. employment report on Friday. The data were supportive of an early tapering of Fed asset purchases.
- Nothing major is due from the U.S.
- This week is a relatively quiet one for data. Forex markets are starting to open up for the first some since 2008.
||JGB 0.86% -1bp
||Asia Close Higher|
||Bund 1.70% 0bp
||U.S. 2.63% -3bp
||U.S. Higher |
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 23 Apr 2018
A All Day- Flash PMIs
AA 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 Apr 2018
AA 01:30 AU- CPI
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- CB Confidence
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
Wed 25 Apr 2018
AA 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 Apr 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- ECB Decision
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 27 Apr 2018
AA 03:00 JP- Bank of Japan
A 08:00 DE- Employment
A 08:30 GB- GDP
A 14:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.