Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday July 22, 2013 - 20:27:03 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. Existing Homes Sales fall. JPY Volatile post-Abe victory
|U.S. Existing Homes Sales fall. JPY Volatile post-Abe victory|
23 July 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: AU- CPI. Europe: EZ- Consumer Confidence, North America: CA- Retail Sales. US- Richmond Fed, 2-yr Auction. API Survey
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: AU- CPI, EZ- Consumer Confidence, CA- Retail Sales
- Trade got off to a sluggish start for the new week, slowed no doubt, by the summer holidays.
- Over the weekend. PM Abe' s LDP won a decisive victory in Upper House elections. They resulted in giving Abe majority control of both houses. The victory broke a decade long dead-lock. This chould open the door to additional economic reforms.
- The JPY has traded a volatile range in the wake of the Abe Upper House victory over the weekend. His victory had been expected and some point out that the ruling LDP Party contains a range of factions.
- On Monday, the U.S. released June Existing Homes Sales, which were weaker than expected, but remained at elevated levels. July will see the first data after Fed Chairman Bernanke pushed long term interest rates higher after warning the markets about an end to QE.
- This week ahead features: the first look at July PMI data with a number of flash reports due. This will give the markets a look at the current state of the global economy.The critical IFO Survey is scheduled as well. A number of U.S. housing statistics are due starting today.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar and the Forex Forum as key items are released.
||JGB 0.78% -2bp
||Asia Close Higher|
||Bund 1.51% 0bp
||U.S. 2.48% -4bp
||North America: Higher|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.