Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday August 11, 2013 - 13:55:49 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Spotlight on the UK again this week. Several key items due.
|Spotlight on the UK again this week. Several key items due.|
12 August 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: No major data. Europe: CH- Retail Sales, EZ- Industrial Production. North America: no major data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: No major data
- A major event last week was the first Bank of England quarterly Inflation Report by new BOE Governor Carney. Governor Carney took a page out of the playbooks of Fed Governor Bernanke and ECB President Draghi. All three have an agenda to provide forward monetary policy guidance to the markets, and Governor Carney provided the markets with the road map of the BOE. This week sees a number of key pieces of data from the U.K., especially the latest employment report.
- Even though it is not its mandate, subject to several caveats, Carney said the central bank will wait until the U.K. unemployment rate falls to 7.0% (now 7.8%) before CONSIDERING raising interest rates.
- All three major central banks appear to be doing all they can to nurture the economic recoveries in their respective monetary areas. From a traders perspective, expect forex prices to be very data sensitive
- .Economic data is a key influence on short term interest rates, and capital flows that drive forex markets. A key driver of short-term interest rates is interest rate differentials.
- This week sees key U.K. data, inflation, Jobs, Retail Sales and the most recent BOE Meeting Minutes. The German ZEW survey is slated as well. The U.S. will see Retail Sales data, CPI reports and Housing Starts and Permits.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar and see the FOREX FORUM for key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.75% 0bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.68% -1bp
||U.S. 2.58% -4bp
||North America: Lower|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
Mon 15 Oct 2018
AA 12:30 US- Retail Sales
Tue 16 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- Employment
A 09:00 DE- ZEW Survey
A 13:15 US- Industrial Production
Wed 17 Oct 2018
AA 08:30 GB- CPI
A 09:00 EZ- Final HICP
A 12:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
AA 18:00 US- Fed Policy Minutes
Thu 18 Oct 2018
A 1:30 AU- Employment
AA 08:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 19 OCt 2018
AA 12:30 CA- CPI/ Retail Sales
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.