Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday August 19, 2013 - 09:38:19 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Slow Calendar starts the week
|Slow Calendar starts the week|
19 August 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: US- No Major data.
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: No Major Data
- Price movements early today have been relatively modest. Nevertheless, the forex markets have become highly sensitive to how economic data is impacting the fixed income markets.
- An important aspect of activity is how U.S. economic activity is affecting the outlook for a Fed tapering of its asset purchase program. Chairman Bernanke has been going to great pains to reassure the markets that a tapering of asset purchases does not imply a policy tightening.
- The GBP has been improving on a fairly steady flow of positive U.K. data which have been driving Gilt yields higher.
- The week ahead starts off slowly, but the second half of the period sees a number of flash PMI reports which are often used as an early short-hand indication of how various economies are performing.
- Some significant U.S. housing data are due. Key Canadian data are slated at the end of the period.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar and see the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.76% +0bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.90% +1bp
||U.S. 2.85% +2bp
||North America: Higher|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 23 July 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
Tue 24 July 2018
Wed 25 July 2018
A 08:00 DE- IFO Survey
A 14:00 US- New Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 26 July 2018
AA 11:45 EZ- European Central Bank Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
A 12:30 US- Durable Goods
Fri 27 July 2018
AA 12:30 US- GDP
A 14:00 US- Final University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.