Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday August 26, 2013 - 20:45:04 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. Durable Goods weak. Tues sees German IFO data
|U.S. Durable Goods weak. Tues sees German IFO data|
27 August 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: No Major Data. Europe: DE- IFO Survey. North America: US- Case-Shiller, Richmond Fed, CB Consumer Confidence, 2-yr, API Energy
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- IFO Survey, US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, 2-yr
- Comments by U.S. Secretary of State Kerry that were taken as a threat against Syria in mid-afternoon trade weighed on equities and gave the EURUSD a boost in a quiet market.
- The U.S. Treasury announced that it expects the U.S. to hit its debt ceiling by mid-October. this could set up a major budget battle with Congress at that time.
- U.S. Durable Goods orders were substantially weaker than expected on the U.S. open. The data include a lot of very big ticket items, as a result, the data tend to be very volatile.
- We a looking ahead to Pending Home Sales on Wednesday after the shockingly weak New Homes Sales last Friday.
- The Fed strategy is to keep short-term rates low and hope the phase out its support of the long end of the maturity spectrum (QE Asset purchases) has no adverse consequences. Keep an eye on long-term (10 and 30 yr bond yields) to see what the bond vigilantes are telling us.
- Key German IFO data are due on Tuesday. U.S, Consumer Confidence data are set for that day as well. Month end also sees the usual slew of Japanese data.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar and see the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.77% 0bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.93% -1bp
||U.S. 2.81% -1bp
||North America: Lower|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.