Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday August 26, 2013 - 20:45:04 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
U.S. Durable Goods weak. Tues sees German IFO data
|U.S. Durable Goods weak. Tues sees German IFO data|
27 August 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: No Major Data. Europe: DE- IFO Survey. North America: US- Case-Shiller, Richmond Fed, CB Consumer Confidence, 2-yr, API Energy
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: DE- IFO Survey, US- Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, 2-yr
- Comments by U.S. Secretary of State Kerry that were taken as a threat against Syria in mid-afternoon trade weighed on equities and gave the EURUSD a boost in a quiet market.
- The U.S. Treasury announced that it expects the U.S. to hit its debt ceiling by mid-October. this could set up a major budget battle with Congress at that time.
- U.S. Durable Goods orders were substantially weaker than expected on the U.S. open. The data include a lot of very big ticket items, as a result, the data tend to be very volatile.
- We a looking ahead to Pending Home Sales on Wednesday after the shockingly weak New Homes Sales last Friday.
- The Fed strategy is to keep short-term rates low and hope the phase out its support of the long end of the maturity spectrum (QE Asset purchases) has no adverse consequences. Keep an eye on long-term (10 and 30 yr bond yields) to see what the bond vigilantes are telling us.
- Key German IFO data are due on Tuesday. U.S, Consumer Confidence data are set for that day as well. Month end also sees the usual slew of Japanese data.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar and see the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.77% 0bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.93% -1bp
||U.S. 2.81% -1bp
||North America: Lower|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 3 Dec 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A All Day Final Mfg PMIs
Tue 4 Dec 2018
A 04:30 AU- Reserve Bank Decision
Wed 5 Dec 2018
A All Day Final SVC PMIs
A 04:30 AU- CPI
A 13:15 US- ADP Jobs
A 13:30 US- Productivity
A 15:00 CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
B 19:00 US- Beige Book
Thu 6 Dec 2018
AA 12:45 EZ- ECB Decision
AA 13:30 US/CA- Trade
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 7 Dec 2018
A 10:00 EZ- GDP
AA 13:30 US/CA- Employment
A 15:00 US- Final Univ of Michigan
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.