Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday September 16, 2013 - 20:40:24 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
New Fed Chief search begins. Active week
|New Fed Chief search begins. Active week|
17 September 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: No Major data. Europe: GB- PPI/CPI/RPI, DE- ZEW North America: US- CPI, TIC flows. NAHB Index, API Data
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- CPI, DE- ZEW, US- CPI, NAHB Index
- The decision by Larry Summers to remove his name from contention to be the Fed Chair came as a shock to markets as he was the favorite for the job. Bond yields fell initially on the news on hopes for a more dovish candidate. Janet Yellen is seen as a likely candidate. Fixed Income prices are turning lower late in the U.S. session.
- The major focus this week is the Fed policy decision on Wednesday. Markets are already set up for the central bank to announce a reduction in its asset purchase program. From a trading perspective, the big surprise would be no reduction in debt purchases.
- We feel Bernanke will start the Fed taper cautiously and will cut its $85bln in asset purchases by $10-15 bln initially to see what happens. One scenario we have proposed is that Bernanke could propose a flexible taper target on Wednesday
- Tuesday sees U.K. and U.S. CPI data. The latest German ZEW survey is slated as well.
- Wednesday sees U.S. Housing starts, then Existing Home Sales will be released on Thursday. Thursday also features U.K. CPI data. On Friday Canadian CPI data are released. On Sunday Germany will hold what looks to be closely contested national elections. Merkel's allies did well in Bavaria over the weekend.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.73% 0bp
||Asia Close Higher|
||Bund 1.93% -5bp
||U.S. 2.85% -5 bp
||North America: Higher|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 26 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Mon 26 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 15:00 US- New Homes Sales
Tue 27 Feb 2018
A 08:55 DE- Jobless
B 13:30 US- Durable Goods
A 15:00 US- CB Consumer Confidence
A 15:00 US- Pending Homes Sales
AA 15:00 US- Powell House Testimony
Wed 28 Feb 2018
A 10:00 EZ- flash HICP
AA 13:30 US- GDP
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 1 Mar 2018
A All Day final Mfg PMIs
A 13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
AA 13:30 US- Core PCE Deflator
AA 15:00 US- Powell Senate Testimony
A 15:30 US- EIA Crude
Fri 2 Mar 2018
AA 15:00 US- final Univ of Mich
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.