Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Tuesday September 17, 2013 - 20:21:42 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed taper decision due. German ZEW data strong
|Fed taper decision due. German ZEW data strong|
18 September 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR:Europe: GB- BOE Minutes. North America: US- Housing Starts/Permits, Weekly Crude, FOMC Decision
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: GB- BOE Minutes, US- Housing Starts/Permits. Fed Decision
- There was a press report late Monday that administration insiders were saying that Janet Yellen is now the leading candidate to replace Bernanke in January. This report had the smell of a trial balloon to us. A good way to test the waters about a possible appointment can be to let a name out and see what the reaction is. Yellen should be a uncontroversial nominee.
- The immediate major focus is the Fed policy decision tomorrow. Markets are already set up for the central bank to announce a reduction in its asset purchase program. From a trading perspective, the big surprise would be no reduction in debt purchases. The street expects the Fed to taper cautiously with a cut its monthly $85bln in asset purchases of $10-15 bln One scenario we propose is that Bernanke could announce a flexible taper target.
- U.K.inflation data were mixed. The latest German ZEW survey was stronger than forecast. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released. .
- Wednesday sees U.S. Housing starts, then Existing Home Sales will be released on Thursday. Thursday also features U.K. CPI data. On Friday Canadian CPI data are released. On Sunday Germany will hold what looks to be closely contested national elections.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.72% -1bp
||Asia Close Lower|
||Bund 1.97% +4bp
||U.S. 2.84% 0 bp
||North America: Higher|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.