Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Wednesday September 18, 2013 - 21:37:57 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Fed shocker: No taper BOE tone hawkish. Housing disappoints
|Fed shocker: No taper BOE tone hawkish. Housing disappoints|
19 September 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: JP- Trade, Lead Indicators Europe: CH- SNB Decision, GB- Retail Sales, CBI Industrial Output North America: US- Current Account, Weekly Jobless. Philly Fed, Existing Homes Sales. Leading Indicators, Natural Gas
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CH- SNB Decision, GB- Retail Sales, US- Current Account, Weekly Jobless. Philly Fed,
Existing Homes Sales
- Financial markets were shocked by the Fed policy decision not to start to reduce its asset purchases ($85 bln) at what seemed to be an ideal opportunity for such a move. The decision raises questions about the confidence of the Fed in the economy. USD tumbles, stocks soar and bond yields fall.
- There is a press report indicating a top administration official said that Janet Yellen is now the top candidate for Bernanke's job and could get the nomination as early as next week barring an unexpected development. We think she would be a safe appointment, but we will see.
- Bank of England policy board minutes from two weeks ago saw unanimous votes to keep interest rates steady and the size of asset purchases unchanged. Comments about the economy leaned to the hawkish side. The GBP has gained on the statement. See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
- U.S. Housing starts came in below expectations but are not falling out of bed, yet, The full impact of rising long term rates has yet to have been felt.
- Existing Home Sales will be released on Thursday. Thursday also features U.K. CPI data. On Friday Canadian CPI data are released. On Sunday Germany will hold what looks to be closely contested national elections.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.71% -1bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 2.00% -1bp
||U.S. 2.71% -145 bp
||North America: Higher|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 15 January 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
Amazing Trader EVENT RISK Calendar:
Mon 15 Jan 2018
00:00 US- Holiday
Tue 16 Jan 2018
09:00 GB- CPI
20:00 US- Beige Book
Wed 17 Jan 2018
00:30 AU- Employment
02:00 CN- GDP
10:00 EZ- final HICP
14:15 US- Industrial Production
15:00 CA- Bank of Canada Decision
Thu 17 Jan 2018
13:30 US- Weekly Jobless
13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
16:00 US- EIA Crude
Fri 18 Jan 2018
09:30 GB- Retail Sales
15:00 US- University of Michigan (prelim) Survey
PROSPECTIVE Trading Opportunities
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Tue -- 09:30 GMT-- GB- CPI
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 00:30 GMT-- AU- Employment
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: Medium- Wed -- 10:00 GMT-- EZ- Final HICP
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH to Medium- Wed --14:15 GMT-- US- Industrial Production
- POTENTIAL PRICE RISK: HIGH- Wed -- 15:00 GMT-- CA- Bank Of Canada Decision
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.