Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Sunday September 22, 2013 - 13:36:37 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
German Election Sunday. Key flash PMI Monday
|German Election Sunday. Key flash PMI Monday|
23 September 2013 00:00 gmt
CALENDAR: CN- HSBC flash PMI, JP- Holiday Europe: EZ/DE/FR- Flash Mfg/SVC PMIs. North America: US- Chi NAI, Markit flash PMI
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: CN- HSBC flash PMI, EZ/DE/FR- Flash Mfg/SVC PMIs, US- Markit flash PMI
- The Fed threw the markets a curve when it announced that it was not ready yet to start to "taper" its purchase of securities ($85bn/mo) which inject liquidity into the markets. In an era where the Fed touts its "transparency", this was a major blunder which could impact its effectiveness in the future.
- Reportedly the Fed held its fire on tightening for three reasons. disappointment with recent sluggish economic data. the increase recently in bond yields, andtalk that the Fed is not happy abouh the upcoming debt resolution battle.
- Sunday sees national elections in Germany. Expectations are that Chancellor Merkel will be returned as Chancellor for a third term, but she is thought destined to be the leader of a coalition which will have shifted to the left. Any other outcome would be a surprise.
- The major feature of the week will be the slew of flash PMI data releases Monday. On Tuesday, the closely-followed German IFO sentiment Survey will be released. This is typically a market-moving event. The U.S. calendar is relatively subdued. It features the Conference Board and University of Michigan Sentiment Surveys among other items.Friday.
- Press reports suggest Janet Yellen is the likely candidate for Bernanke's job. The nomination could come as early as next week barring an unexpected developments. She should be a safe appointment.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.70% +2bp
||Asia Close Mixed|
||Bund 1.95% +2bp
||U.S. 2.74% -2 bp
||North America: Lower|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Elevate Your Trading With The Amazing Trader!
The Amazing Trader includes:
Upgrade Your Trading experience. Try the Amazing Trader
- Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
- Live trading strategy sessions.
- Market Updates with Trading Tools.
Trading Ideas for 16 February 2018
Upgrade Your Trading. Try The Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Fri 16 Feb 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
00:00 CN- Holiday
AA 09:30 GB- Retail Sales
A 13:30 US- Housing Starts/Permits
A 15:00 US- University of Michigan
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.