Forex News Blog
Back to The Headlines
Monday September 30, 2013 - 20:20:34 GMT
Share This Story
global-view.com - www.global-view.com
Busy Tuesday ahead. Gov't shut down looms
|Busy Tuesday ahead. Gov't shut down looms|
1 October 2013 10:00 gmt
CALENDAR: Far East: CN- Holiday, JP- Tankan, AU- Trade, RBA Europe: DE- Unemploy, DE/FR/EZ/GB- Mfg PMI, EZ- Unemploy North America: US- Mfg PMIs, Construction Spending, API
- HIGH IMPACT ITEMS: JP- Tankan, AU- RBA, DE- Unemployment, DE/FR/EZ/GB- Mfg PMI, EZ- Unemolyment, US- Mfg PMIs
- The immediate focus in the U.S. is on the budget impasse. The expiring budget runs out at the end of the day Monday. A temporary government shutdown is likely if no agreement is reached. Despite much hand-wringing, this whole process is charade with both sides only playing for political advantage.
- The first week of the month is usually an active one for central bank meetings. The Reserve Bank of Australia decision is due early on Tuesday. No rate change is expected. The European Central Bank decision will be announced on Wednesday from Paris and the latest BOJ decision is due on Friday.
- PMI data from both Japan and China (HSBC) were both weaker than expected. German retail sales data,after revisions were better than expected for August.
- The week ahead will be especially heavy on the data front. The early part of the week will see a slew of final PMI reports for September, plus the quarterly Japanese Tankan Survey. The markets watch the PMI reports closely even though they are not as good predictors of key economies as some might hope. Wednesday through Friday will see a number of U.S. employment reports. Street estimates currently are for a lackluster 180K increase in U.S. jobs in the month.
- Janet Yellen appears to be the likely candidate to take Bernanke's job as Fed Chair in late January. Her nomination could come as early as this week or next. She should be a safe appointment.
- For additional key items and more detail (dates, times, data estimates), be sure to reference our Economic Calendar . See the FOREX FORUM for latest key data and charts as they are released.
||JGB 0.69% 0bp
||Asia Close Lower|
||Bund 1.78% 0bp
||U.S. 2.62% 0 bp
||North America: Lower|
FX Trade Talk: What's moving markets-- Commentary, data. and data charts posted continuously on FOREX FORUM
John M. Bland, an author and a founding partner of Global-View.com, has been a corporate FX consultant for a major N.Y. bank, a forex trader for a major N.Y. institution, and an FX analyst for a blue chip Fed watching service.. John has an MBA in International Finance and an A.B. in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley.
|Copyright 2013, GlobalViewpoint, Inc All rights reserved|
Forex Trading News
Daily Forex Market News
Forex news reports can be found on the forex research
headlines page below. Here you will find real-time forex market news reports
provided by respected contributors of currency trading information. Daily forex
market news, weekly forex research and monthly forex news features can be found
Real-time forex market news reports and features providing
other currency trading information can be accessed by clicking on any of the
headlines below. At the top of the forex blog page you will find the latest
forex trading information. Scroll down the page if you are looking for less
recent currency trading information. Scroll to the bottom of fx blog headlines
and click on the link for past reports on forex. Currency world news reports
from previous years can be found on the left sidebar under "FX Archives."
Actionable trading levels delivered to YOUR charts in real-time.
Register To Test Your Amazing Trader
GVI Trading. Potential Price Risk Scale
Tue 19 June 2018
AA: Major, A: High, B: Medium
A 12:30 US- House Permits/Starts
Wed 20 June 2018
A 14:00 US- Existing Homes Sales
A 14:30 US- EIA Crude
Thu 21 June 2018
AA 11:00 GB- Bank of England Decision
A 12:30 US- Weekly Jobless
Fri 22 June 2018
John M. Bland, MBA
co-founding Partner, Global-View.com
Global-View Affiliate Program
We are starting an affiliate program to market some of our products.
Send me an email if you would be interested or if you know someone who would like to be an affiliate. Generous commissions payout for those accepted.
Put the word "affiliate" in the email subject line.
Start trading with forex broker Markets Cube
Max McKegg's Daily Forex Trading Forecasts
Veteran FX Trader, Max McKegg, forecasts all the Major currencies and the Australasians; providing Daily and Medium Term Trading forecasts to subscribers, who include large Banks the world over, as well as individual traders in more than 30 different countries.
Request a TRIAL of Max's Forex Service.